Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike/tri shop in NYC - suggestions?
Quote | Reply
I'm headed to Manhattan next week, and will have some free time. Any good tri/bike shops in NYC? I'd actually love to get fitted for a Kuota, but not sure there is a dealer there. Any tips would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike/tri shop in NYC - suggestions? [prof v] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you're willing to trek into brooklyn, there's r&a cycles which does deal in kuotas. only been in their shop once, but they are a major online dealer and they have a ton of inventory. check their site out at www.racycles.com and see if it looks like if it will suit your needs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the new game in town is ultimate triathlon. they are having a really big sale on in store purchases right now (lkiek 30% of wetsuits). great folks.

http://www.ultimatetri.com/

you can also go to paragon sports in union square. they have a great selection of running clothes in the basement and tri-clothes in the bike department.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike/tri shop in NYC - suggestions? [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
went to ultimate tri the other day & the dude behind the counter said that his boss was off getting certified to fit bikes, and would be training the staff upon his return. the price i got later on the phone was $40, but they didn't sound certain. they have a few bikes in the shop, but not many & i didn't notice brands. they also have bins full of summer clothes at 50% off.

sid's bikes and R&A both offer fittings so expensive, they'd *better* be good.

--
Last edited by: aetherchild: Nov 25, 04 20:24
Quote Reply
Re: Bike/tri shop in NYC - suggestions? [aetherchild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the best fit in town is by roadie/tri coach jon cane at citycoach.org. +/- $100.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't go wrong with R&A. It's amazing they can fit that much stuff in that small of an area.....
Quote Reply
Re: Bike/tri shop in NYC - suggestions? [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the tips!!
Quote Reply