Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Big step for us in the epic triathlete v. roadie battle
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Big step for us in the epic triathlete v. roadie battle [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was funny. But doesn't sound like your typical roadie group.

Fortunately in our roadie group about a third have done triathlons and the pure roadies actually like us, just as long as we obey the rules about aero bars - stay off them while group riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Big step for us in the epic triathlete v. roadie battle [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy, some of the youngsters in that group really appreciate a tri-geek coming along since I was told it is nice having me around since they don't have to pull from the front as much because I'm always trying to ride there :) And, now that I've got a road bike the only way they can tell is that I'll show up with a sleeveless RnH jersey.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Big step for us in the epic triathlete v. roadie battle [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<You could almost see the malignant little thought-bubbles floating over our heads as the group rolled along. “Just look at those Tri-Geeks, will you? Take the incredibly-fit Ms. Ironman over there, all friendly and laughing on her decked-out Cervelo. Sure, she is probably capable of cracking walnuts between her petite little butt-cheeks or crushing each of us with her pinkie while sipping a protein shake, but deep down they are all still just a bunch of ….Tri-Geeks. Gears? We don't need no stinking gears…or aerobars, or deep-dish 650c wheels, or especially those funny water bottle cages that clamp on to the seat post behind your ass. Just stand back folks and watch how REAL cyclists do it. Can I get an “Amen!” from the congregation?”>

Re: Big step for us in the epic triathlete v. roadie battle [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never peel off after 26 miles. In fact, I usually am getting warmed up around 26 miles so I ride to get to the starting point and ride home afterwards while everyone else is strapping their bikes onto racks. But I haven't been racing many short tris for a few years now :)
Quote Reply