Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Between sizes on road bike
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I am torn between two sizes of road bikes. I'm sure this has been talked about many times in the past.

Size #1 would give me the higher stack to put the bars where I want them near the saddle height. This size makes the standover height higher and the reach longer where I'd have to use a 80mm stem. Stack is 560 and reach is 375.

Size #2 the standover is better and I'd have to use a longer stem, which I'd prefer. But the handlebar stack and headtube is 2cm lower so I dont know if I'd be able to get the bars high enough. Stack is 540 and reach is 370.

Suggests/ advice?

Gall
Last edited by: gall1972: Jul 31, 18 2:48
Quote Reply
Re: Between sizes on road bike [gall1972] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we're talking non integrated road bike here you can always get the smaller frame and use a stem with more rise (ie +6° or even 10° or 17°) this will look a bit funny but fix the fit issue. So if that is an option there you go.

A 80mm stem on a 54 road frame which i assume the Stack 560 option to be is pretty much a non starter for me so i'd rule that one out.

If option A doesn't work out for some reason you might want to consider different bikes, like endurance geometries. No point in buying a bike you can't make work for you afterall.
Quote Reply
Re: Between sizes on road bike [gall1972] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, it sounds like neither one is really the best fit for you... if you have to compromise to make the bike fit, then you may want to look for a different brand/model.

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply