Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best tri shorts?
Quote | Reply
I've been using tyr and am happy but could use a little better chamois, any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've been using tyr and am happy but could use a little better chamois, any suggestions?

Whatever Macca was wearing today. It will give you the confidence to let your competitors catch up, only to crush their dreams by dropping the hammer in one swift move.

Jonathan
USA Triathlon Coach/Adventure Extraordinaire
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The De Soto Rivieras have the most bike-like pad. Personally I like the De Soto Forza shorts. It's a fleece pad, but it is able to slide within the shorts and is the most comfortable I've used.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [JohnnyEndurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Whatever Macca was wearing today. It will give you the confidence to let your competitors catch up, only to crush their dreams by dropping the hammer in one swift move.

LOL!

I use the Zoot Ultra short. I thought I would have discomfort when using a new bike a week before IM Branson on the stock Bontrager saddle on this Trek 2.1, but, the shorts felt really good. They tend to ride up a bit on the bike, but, they feel awesome on the run.

Order several brands and ship back the ones that don't work for you. I found the Zoot's on sale at Sierra Trading Post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 on the DeSoto Forza Riviera if you want a bit more substantial pad.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the Desoto's also. However, I recently purchased the Riviera's and was disappointed. I found that the pad was good for the bike, but for me, it was too bulky for both the swim and the bike.

Kirby
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [Pharaoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just as a counterpoint, I found the 2010 Rivieras too low-cut to be comfortable, but the 2011 is basically now my favorite garment. The fleece pad in my regular Forza shorts can wind up chafing and the compression isn't good. As for bulk, I used them in an aquathlon just for the flotation and compression and found them perfectly comfortable, albeit this race was very short (750m/ 5k). I'm probably going to wind up with another and only using the regular Forza with the fleece pad as running shorts.

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. -Enzo Ferrari
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [Bah Humbug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely agree with the DeSoto's. They are by far the most comfortable I have ever worn. I actually wear their cycling capris as my running capris because the pad is so comfortable. I hate the elastic around my legs and these don't have it but still stay in place, and I have never chaffed with their tri pads
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saucony! The felt lining is awesome, they fit great, and I don't have ANY seem issues. but I am a chick.

-----
Follow me on Twitter! megankillian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of the new Blue Seventy Distance tri shorts. The cut is good, a little compression, and the chamois worked well for my Ironman. It's the same short that Team TBB uses.

http://blueseventy.com/...s_distance_tri_short

------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/tridave

| Bonzai Sports | Blue Seventy | First Endurance |
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [TriDaveO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got Zoot tri5. i like the lenght
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2XU is by far the best I have used. I am still using my first pair of tri shorts from them (3 years old) and they are holding up great. Great customer service too!

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use DeSoto 400-mile shorts and I a very happy with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [Liberty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another vote for DeSoto

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yet another vote for DeSoto Forza Shorts.

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Desoto Riviera.

I wanna go fast!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, Emilio De Soto here. Thanks to all those who have posted good comments about De Soto products.

I want to personally invite you to try the product out and form your own opinion. Buy it, wear it, test it, and decide for yourself. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you risk nothing but the time to test it. Please read our guarantee below, see if any of our competitors will offer you the same and let me know if you have any other questions.

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

De Soto Sport offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on anything you buy from our catalog or website. If you are not satisfied with one of our products at the time you receive it, or if one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction within 90 days of the purchase date, return it for repair, a replacement

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely try Desoto - Emilio stands behind his product 100% and he's got good reason to: the stuff is GREAT. I'm racing IMAZ in the Riviera tri shorts, which are simply perfect for me. I've done all my long rides & runs in them the past few weeks and they're awesome. Solid compression, top-notch materials, the "float pad" is the absolute best tri chamois i've ever worn, and they look good too.

try them out
http://www.desotosports.com/...rza&ProdID=FRTS1
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DeSoto. Have been satified with their fleeze pad for years, but changed into a harder road race seat this summer, and needed more padding.
- DeSoto Riviera was perfect in Kona.

Is of course a personal issue regarding pockets, lenght and height (DeSoto has several variants), I found the new Riviera to be the perfect fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
De Soto.

As someone here on ST once said, "I don't know why other companies even bother making shorts"

Cheers, Chris

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Desoto Forza Riviera. For Long Course, that very same shorts but when Emilio decides to put pockets on it. That is the very best chamois of all times. Period.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [Hydro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
De Soto.

As someone here on ST once said, "I don't know why other companies even bother making shorts"

Cheers, Chris

De Soto hands down, there tri shorts and 400 mile bibs are amazing, i will never buy another bib or tri short for that matter.

+1 on the DeSoto Forteza Riviera!

BUT....I'm a medium in almost everything I wear and I had to get a large in those shorts to get my quads through. Great chamois and great support!

just wish they had more pockets!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Orca 226 kit is pretty phenomenal. Get the padded version, obviously.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using 2XU products up to this point, and have been pleased. But it looks like I will have to consider De Soto considering what I've seen from this thread.

Funny too, because I was just visiting my father in San Diego (I live in NY), and I stopped in on a De Soto shop to look at their wet suits. Unfortunately, they were closed even though it was a Saturday.

-Alex
Quote Reply

Prev Next