Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best tri shorts? [MTRIB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is this policy valid only if I buy thru DeSoto website ? Or also thur dealer ??
then, how does it work to return it ?? Contact the dealer or the factory ?
tks

The policy is valid both through De Soto and any of our Authorized Retailers. If you order through us, the return is through us. If you order through one of our retailers, you return it through them.

Through us, you simply use the RETURN/EXCHANGE form included in the shipment.
Through our retailers you need to check their website for return instructions.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [Saltamontes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Oomph Lava Compression, the Desoto Forza and the Desoto 400 mile shorts.
I love the fabric of the Oomph. But I don't like the pad that much.
The Desoto Forza pad is nice for swimming / biking / running in. The fleece pad is great, but I don't love it for long ride. I have been wearing these for all rides / bricks / races (up to 1/2 IM).
I just got the 400 mile shorts last Friday. I rode 100 miles in them yesterday. These will be my go to shorts from now on. I don't think I will run in them. I plan to change after the bike for IMAZ. I could probably handle running 13.1 with that pad, but for 26.2 I think I would want to tear them off.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At last count I have about 13 pair of DeSoto shorts in current inventory - I wear them like underwear! I have biked up to 130+ miles in the Froza Tri shorts with no issue at all. I simply can't imagine anything more comfy. However, I also really like the Rivieras....I just don't like running in that pad as much.

Big E, I've told you and Chuck that I would LOVE the Riviera w/ the Forza pad - that would be my all time favorite!

Lastly, I recently had to use the DeSoto guarantee for the very first time....the service and satisfation was way above my expectations - they actually did more than I requested, no questions asked.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer the Skins Tri400 and the high end Pearl Izumis, but I might have to try out the Desotos as Ive heard about them everywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [nhunter344] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Forza Rivieras and absolutely love them. Picked them up earlier this year and they outperformed everything else I've had. Unfortunately the pad is already worn down, so I guess it's time to get a new pair. The only criticism I have is the printing (washing info) on the back starts to wear away and gets scratchy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DeSoto Forza 4 pocket Shorts for training - Forza low cut for racing
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [oceanlife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some of the first compression shorts from DeSoto going back to the late 90s that I still wear! I have not worn my Revieras as much, so I have had a chance to see if they wear out.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [camo76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone who owns Desoto Forza Short with Pockets tell me if the pockets are big enough to hold a gel flask? I really like the side pockets on Zoot TRIfit but the chamois there does more damage to my boy parts than no chamois at all.

Velosurance - bicycle insurance
Quote Reply
Post deleted by RussTypeS [ In reply to ]
Re: Best tri shorts? [00gauge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run with a 4 oz flask in the lower right pocket all the time but havent tried the larger flask.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio,

Thanks for the great products. I currently race in the Forza 4 pocket short. Love the compression. Unfortunately, I have ultra sensitive "nether" regions and always have chaffing issues on longer rides even with my ultra-padded long distance shorts (made by another vendor which shall remain nameless). Anyway, wondering if you recommend anything better than Chamois Butter for use with the Forza shorts for races? Is there something perhaps more viscous that won't break down as easily/quickly than Chamois Butter in the swim?

Thanks,
Andy

"In life we don't regret the things we do, but for lack of courage the things we don't" - Anonymous
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [00gauge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pockets who gell flasks quite well.

I want to personally invite you to try the product out and form your own opinion. Buy it, wear it, test it, and decide for yourself. We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you risk nothing but the time to test it. Please read our guarantee below, see if any of our competitors will offer you the same and let me know if you have any other questions.

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

De Soto Sport offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on anything you buy from our website. If you are not satisfied with one of our products at the time you receive it, or if one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction within 30 days of the purchase date, return it for a replacement, or a refund. Anything you buy from one of our authorized retailers is guaranteed through the retailer. All exchanges and refunds must be done through the retailer. Their policy may be different so please ask before purchasing

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hannulink is a good place to find some great gear. I've bought DeSoto and Oomph from them. They have actually started their own line of clothing. the 9" inseam Hannulink short is great. Very soft material and strong stiches.

Soulrider

Theclydesdalediaries.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a BIG fan of the Oomph Lava Short.

I've worn the in many tri's and like them a lot.

I also am a HUGE fan of the pad in them, and pretty much use them as my daily driver bike shorts.
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri shorts? [DrDre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Andy,

Thanks for writing. Chamois butter was designed for chamois made of leather to soften the leather after washes. The name comes from the olden days when this pad was actually made from chamois cloth, a type of sheepskin leather. Today, most shorts feature a synthetic pad, usually made of foam, gel, and/or microfiber cloth, and in our case, a polypropylene construction that is buoyant, stretchy, and very soft against the skin.

So if you are using chamois butter on those shorts from another vendor, and the pad on those shorts is synthetic, it is no wonder that the chamois butter does not work well or work at all. As for our shorts, all our pads are also synthetic so I doubt chamois butter is going to be effective at all.

Have you tried using the shorts without any chamois butter? Feel free to reply to me by email instead of on this post.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply

Prev Next