Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best tri bag?
Quote | Reply
Currently, I'm using an old hiking backpack as my transition bag. It's doing well, but it's kind of big and it doesn't have a handy place for a wetsuit, helmet, or wet clothes since everything is in one big opening. I want to get a real tri bag and I'm wondering what are some of the best ones out there.

Thanks.

Eric

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri bag? [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louis Garneau has a very cool new one that I saw this past weekend.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the triathlonbag.com Zeus bag - its VERY large but you have a handy place for everything - helmet, wetsuit, change of clothes, waterbottles, food etc Heck it even has a hook to hang it off the transition rack. Check out their site for more info - it really is a great item.

It is a little too large for my personal needs at this point - but it is a well-thought out design just a little too big for me.

Drop me a PM if you want more information or are possibly interested in taking mine off my hands as I am fine using my backpack for now.

jsargevt

~~~~~~~
Do or do not there is no try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like Spastic said: http://www.jandd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Zoot triathlon bag. Room for everything, comfortable and easy to use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just received the LG tripack. It has a STOOL. I thought it would be a funny joke conversation piece but used it at the Icebreaker tri last weekend. The bag has three main pockets and is a decent size - not huge. So far so good.

ps. If you register for the Pyramid Lake Triathlon (8/6/05 - Reno, NV), you get a free race embroidered DeSoto Transition bag as a goodie bag (first 300 entrants - relays included).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://trisports.com/tyrtrbapa.html

TYR bag - huge with lots of pockets!
Quote Reply
Re: Best tri bag? [cray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom has a write up on this one:

Which he sells.

Buy This for Your Triathlete. New Improved '05 Model in stock NOW!

Call (313) 278-1350 to order.

Every race morning I used to have this nagging feeling that I forgot something. Did I have my shoes (both pairs)? What about extra swim goggles? Ear plugs? I can't remember if I packed my helmet and sunglasses.

After a couple hundred triathlons I learned a couple tricks for packing and remembering the gear you need. I also learned how to keep your packing simple so you didn't have to sort through a lot junk to find what you need in a hurry- like spare goggles ten minutes before your wave start when your strap breaks.

The right bag is everything. If you have the right transition area bag and pack it the same every time as well as using a written checklist you'll never forget anything.

Our favorite race bag is the new Jandd Mountaineering transition bag. Jandd spend an entire season on the triathlon circuit testing prototypes of these bags with triathletes around the U.S. This is the final design based on their feedback.

Jandd Mountaineering makes backpacks for high altitude mountaineering, bike bags, soft luggage and related items. Everything is hand-made here in the United States and designed by Jandd.

The Jandd Transition Bag has six compartments. With two shoulder straps it carries over one shoulder or like a back pack. The big main compartment is about 2,200 cubic inches and will hold all your race clothing, after race sandals, wetsuit, towel a change of clothes for after the race and some other items. There is a small key/wallet/cell phone zippered compartment at the top of the main compartment so you can find your USAT card quickly at registration or get to your keys in a hurry.

The top of the main compartment opens with a large draw string giving you easy access to everything in the bag. Very nice. It's easy to get to the stuff in the bottom of the bag from the top.

The front of the bag has an excellent helmet carrier that snaps your helmet securely to the outside of the pack. This is nice since you an pull your helmet out quickly, put the transition bag on your back (it's a backpack) and wear your helmet while you ride to or from your hotel or race parking lot.
There are two side pockets for running shoes and cycling shoes. Cycling shoes go in no problem but a big pair of size 13 Air Maxes would be a tight fit but do make it if you smush them together heel to toe, top to top. Putting the shoes in their own compartment is smart since they don't get the rest of your clothing dirty. My size 10 Saucony Hurricanes fit perfectly and my racing shoes fit with room to spare.

The bottom compartment has a full length/width zipper and mesh side panels. This is where you put your wet stuff, including wetsuit, after the race. The mesh provides some ventilation so it won't start growing things in there.

It is also on my short list of stuff I need. Note I do not work for bikesport nor do I have any affiliation with them. I just knew where to get a cool bag.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
www.blackwellresearch.com

Bag is very large and has a removable internal wetsuit compartment that is waterproof.

--------
"Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word" - John Steinbeck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the TYR transition backpack and highly recommend it. It has mesh pockets inside for everything you could need, a separate pocket on the bottom that expands for a wetsuit or towel, a removable plastic bag inside for wet, stinky clothes and costs about 1/2 what other bags cost.

Here's the what trivillage has on it:

IN STOCK: Usually ships the next business day.

Price: $49.95
Sale Price:$41.95

Dimensional Weight : 5lbs

Shipping Rates

The TYR Transition Backpack is designed for ultimate comfort and functionality. It features padded adjustable back straps and two large internal mesh shoe pockets for your running and cycling shoes. Other features include:

• Removable waterproof bag for wet items with clip for wetsuit
• Dual zip fully openable min compartment
• Large outside mesh pocket
• External helmet pocket with safety clip and bungee straps
• Two external mesh water bottle pockets
• 5” expandable mesh bottom compartment for a wetsuit or towel
• 2 padded side pockets for CD player with slit for headphone wire
• Reflective binding on padded straps, side pockets and front face of bag
• Bag Fabric: 600 Denier Poly/PVC
• Mesh Fabric: 100% polyester
• Waterproof Bag Fabric: 210 Denier Nylon/PU.
• Dimensions: 13”W X 19”H X 12”D
• Colors: Black and Navy/Grey

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply