Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best running pants that aren't tights
Quote | Reply
What are your recommendations? I am desperately in need of a new pair. The Nike running pants I have now are too baggy, and for some reason I hate running in tights. Looking for a happy medium suggestion.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running pants that aren't tights [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Pearl Izumi Fly run pants are great. PI has discontinued their run gear but you can still find them on clearance in a lot of places.

Quote | Reply
The only thing we used to carry in shop was the SportHill line -- because it works, it's not too tight and not too baggy. The XC Pant was our go to and I never heard of a person who got cold in them.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear soccer shorts that i picked up in an Asian market for $3 a pair. I thought they might be a little long but you barely feel like you have shorts on.

If you're after winter gear, then no idea lol, i wear shorts year round in Australia.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you get Ronhill where you are? Their Classic Trackster are decent for this, I don't feel a total spoon in these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have for found two types that feel decent to run in. Unser Armour makes a pair with zip pockets that work great and are just the right tightness. Other pair was actually from Target. Fairly cheap pair of exercise pants that are fitted perfect for running.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running pants that aren't tights [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
I wear soccer shorts that i picked up in an Asian market for $3 a pair. I thought they might be a little long but you barely feel like you have shorts on.

If you're after winter gear, then no idea lol, i wear shorts year round in Australia.

Post of the year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Target Run Pants, surprisingly good, but not very warm. I wear tights under these when it gets below 20deg.
Never quite managed to justify spending the money, but x-c ski pants would be good for colder runs, brands like Craft and Swix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you haven't tried Sporthill Northwind Unders or Sugoi MidZero Wind Boxers consider trying them. After that wear whatever you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running pants that aren't tights [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
The only thing we used to carry in shop was the SportHill line -- because it works, it's not too tight and not too baggy. The XC Pant was our go to and I never heard of a person who got cold in them.

I'm a fan of SportHill myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Best running pants that aren't tights [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Sporthill Original Stirrup pant. Price is great as well compared to some of there others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My go to kit is smartwool base layer with regular run shorts over top. The smart wool isn't really a tight more like long underwear

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: Best running pants that aren't tights [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right now it's too hot to wear anything in Australia.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Best running pants that aren't tights [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SportHill is great. So is Vuori - at least their women’s clothes are and I’m assuming the men’s is just as fantastic. I own every color of women’s pants they make.

https://www.vuoriclothing.com/...oducts/pants/?page=1

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Dec 30, 18 3:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a big fan of Sporthill apparel and I have owned a lot of their stuff including their original stirrup run pants, but my current favorite and go-to is the Saucony Boston pant. The only condition they don't perform well in is rain ( I would normally go to a fleece-lined winter tight/pant if it's cold and rainy or stay inside :) ).

https://www.saucony.com/...ton-pant/12067M.html
Quote Reply
Re: Best running pants that aren't tights [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
The Pearl Izumi Fly run pants are great. PI has discontinued their run gear but you can still find them on clearance in a lot of places.

Those are fantastic pants. Super warm. There was an even warmer softshell version too. The Flash pants fit way, way bigger and had no warmth. I really enjoyed their running apparel and went a little crazy when they did their run discontinue clearance sale a year ago. I'm just about to head out into 20 degrees F with PI tights, shorts, jacket, socks, hat, buff and gloves.

Their most recent cycling stuff....eh.
Quote Reply