Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon?
Quote | Reply
I just found out a 10 mile race I wanted to do isn’t run anymore. It had a mug for finishers that wasn’t a big deal but for local runners was a nice thing to have. Ok it’s not a black Norseman t shirt but I miss the race and the mug.

I ran in a club training run once and was very impressed by someone’s Mdot finishers shirt because I was only starting to think of tri at the time let alone a longer distance tri.

Any finisher things that people are proud of? I guess they mean more if you’ve had to qualify or meet a certain mark in the event. I’m not at podium level but it’s kind of nice to have a tangible reward.
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No love for the bike?

https://everesting.cc/
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that, thanks. That’s the kind of thing I was interested in and might be missing.

I suppose cycling (and swimming) are fine but if I could earn something in either it’s probably not going to be very impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While my actual performance wasn't anything to write home about a local duathlon I participated in a couple of times gave out really nice athletic style wicking type shirts. Still wear them when I workout or go for a run actually after all these years. Same with a local Tri before they got taken over by a bigger race series which had a really nice wicking t-shirt. Those cheapo cotton shirts some races give out are ok and comfortable to lounge around in be I feel aren't as nice.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Jun 6, 19 13:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a couple races put towels in their participant bags. I thought those were very handy, even if it's just for the ride home so you don't kill your car's seats. Still use a couple of them for post workout cleanup at work.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you win a division of the SRT in New York you get a handmade, beautifully detailed Tomahawk - that's a cool prize.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember winning cases of wine for trail runs in France. Much better than medals :)
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no pics to post, but I’ve seen the buffalo statues that Buffalo Springs 70.3 in Lubbock used to give out. They were pretty darn cool.
Also any of the swag from Kinetic MultiSports Rumpus in Bumpass triathlon. Wooden medals with a “Where the Wild Things Are” theme. Must do for next year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kinda dig some of the belt buckles that are semi-traditional for a lot of the big trail ultras. Another one I've done has special custom ceramic mugs/plates for an escalating number of combined finishes (like 5X, 10X, 20X club).
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
best trophy ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a little stuffed marmotte from the Alpe D'Huez triathlon in my kitchen. I love it.

I have a box of medals from 20 years of racing and almost never look a them.
T-shirts? meh. The cotton ones become rags. The nicer poly ones I run in. The rest go in the bin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Win West Point Tri and you win a Cadet Sabre.

I never did, but its by far the coolest award I've seen.
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't done a Ragnar trail run, but they have some awesome finisher medals. This year, it's a utility spork in a (fake) leather carrying pouch:

https://runragnar.com/medals

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think my favorite finishers swag was from the Rough Trail Ultra in Red River Gouge in eastern Kentucky. A pint glass with the race logo on it. Very functional!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WS100 handmade silver belt buckle is probably the best finishers award out there, imo anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
I just found out a 10 mile race I wanted to do isn’t run anymore. It had a mug for finishers that wasn’t a big deal but for local runners was a nice thing to have. Ok it’s not a black Norseman t shirt but I miss the race and the mug.

I ran in a club training run once and was very impressed by someone’s Mdot finishers shirt because I was only starting to think of tri at the time let alone a longer distance tri.

Any finisher things that people are proud of? I guess they mean more if you’ve had to qualify or meet a certain mark in the event. I’m not at podium level but it’s kind of nice to have a tangible reward.

The Rocks and Roots Trail Series gave out blue recycled glass finishers medals this year. I thought that was pretty cool. And I won the 10k in January ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
T-shirts? meh. The cotton ones become rags. The nicer poly ones I run in. The rest go in the bin.

I know that I've mentioned this before, but I have found that - in the weight room - a tech race shirt is a pretty effective Invisibility Cloak

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Surf City ones have always intrigued me

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A local race near me stalled the Lenape survival challenge was a trail run followed by a canoe segment. The winners got mini canoe paddles. I thought they were pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Island Lake Triathlon in Michigan gave out bottles of wine for age group podiums. Super bummed when the race was discontinued. Another local tri in Ohio gave out big bags of specialty popcorn too... so basicallly anything I can eat or drink is a memorable prize.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took the pic from Haley Chura’s Twitter of the trophies (given to 1-3 OA in each gender) from the Grizzly Tri in Missoula. They’re rocks with the logo, year, place, etc etched in. The higher the place the bigger the rock

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Victoria marathon in Canada has finisher medals that are made by local native artist. They are very nice art work and are different every year. I don't like finishers shirt that has in-yer-face logo. I know that the RD wants to promote the race, I just don't like the design. A while ago I did IMF, they had very nice vests with IMF logo in a subtle way on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Best finishers shirt/medal/mug for running or triathlon? [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
I think my favorite finishers swag was from the Rough Trail Ultra in Red River Gouge in eastern Kentucky. A pint glass with the race logo on it. Very functional!

This^
While I appreciate tech shirts and am willing to pay an entry fee up-charge for one, the pint glass with the race log has always been the best swag. A medal or a plaque is nice, but after a week or two displayed on the counter it goes into a box. The glasses are used all the time by everyone in the family, and many times while in use, someone will look at the logo and recall something about the event. Makes it more of a family shared thing, unlike the individual medal or plaque which is a personal thing. The thing that beat all others however was the Hagen-Dazs ice cream bars at the end of the Cleveland Marathon one year.
Quote Reply

Prev Next