Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best bike fit in Atlanta
Quote | Reply
Where is the best tri bike fit in the Atlanta area? My triad will probably be coming in within a few weeks and want to ride with a quality fit before the tunnel. I know all3sports is good, but is there better?
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [yoondaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When Bicycle Link was still in business Allen was the best fitter in town. I'm not sure if he still does fittings. Does anyone know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matt's back at All3 so the fittings should be way better now.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dig all3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a new Tri Shop in Stone Mt. They are suppose to be FIST Certified. I think they are new...don't know how good they are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsors By:
MasterCard Credit Card
Visa Credit Card
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
another vote for All3
you could also check out 55nine performance I haven't been there but have friends that have been and they are sold.

Eric Doehrman
E3 Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
55Nine does the Wobble-Naught bike fit and Dartfish video analysis.

http://55nineperformance.com/

The guys I have known who have done this were very impressed with the results. Scott Rigsby, the double amputee Ironman who was written about on Slowtwitch lately works with these people- Eddie and Namrita.

Each 55nine Performance laser-precision bike fit now includes Dartfish video analysis. Whether you are a pro or recreational cyclist, we will show you how to improve your game. You've got to see it to believe it.
Your laser-precision bike fit will cost $220 per bike (add $30 for TT and Tri bike fittings) and will include a full session of video analysis using Dartfish, the leader in video analysis software. We will review aerodynamic principles, pedaling technique, and tips that will make you a more efficient rider. We offer a 10% discount on the 2nd bike when fit during the same appointment. Any additional parts or accessories will be extra.
We will reserve a 2 1/2 hour block for each bike fit. Please bring your bike(s), shoes (with cleats) and a pair of cycling shorts. You will be asked to remove your shirt or expose your shoulders in order for us to take skeletal measurements, so please dress accordingly. Please make sure you bike is clean and in working order. In order to achieve the "blueprint" fit, please be aware that it is sometimes necessary to replace parts on your bike.
I have been thinking of having this done.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Last edited by: GT: Jan 30, 09 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read somewhere that the Dartfish fit philosophy on tri bikes is that 76 degree seat angle is religion. Do you know any triathletes who have been set up by them that could verify? These guys seem to be pretty serious mountain bikers and roadies which makes me wonder how that would effect a tri fitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My last fitting was done by Nathan O’Neill (http://www.nathanoneill.com/). He is just north of Atlanta up 85. He took a lot of time with me and really helped me to get very comfortable on my new bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second Nathan O'Neill. He fit me on both my road and TT bikes. I always have people commenting about how great my position is on my TT bike. He really knows his stuff!
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [little red] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Plus Nathen spends a lot of time with the A2 guys so he knows a good bit about the aero fit.

Chance Regina
President
AVC Enterprises
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allen is now at Dynamo Multisport (Allen@dynamomultisport.com) (http://www.dynamomultisport.com)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Matt Cole is back at All3 and they have redesigned their fit studio to include Retul.
2. Matt Russ at Sportsfactory has tons of experience in the area of fitting
3. Eddie O'Dea with 55nine performance because of the technology

I personally have been fit a number of times around town. Each time I came back to All3 and they dialed me in. I have an appt with them in 3 weeks to tweak my tri bike...again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Matt Cole @ All3sports. I have an appointment with him on Monday for a fit on my Slice. He does a great job and doesn't stop until he has it right. You won't feel like you are being rushed out of there.

Eric Doehrman
E3 Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [gottabe-E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a fit there recently and frankly that wasn't my experience with him at all. They give 2 hours for a fitting and have people booked solid (at least on the weekends) so there won't be much extra time if something needs to be done. In my case I already had the bike but Matt recommended that we do the fit on the Exit bike anyway. That is fine but it meant that they had to take off my aerobars which ate into the time we had for the fitting. I also decided with another guy in the store that my shoes were too big so we had to change out my cleats. No fault of theirs but it again ate into our fit time. I'm also not a big fan of the fact that they have their fit area right in the middle of the store. Other customers kept asking Matt questions throughout the fit which just felt distracting. By the time we got to the fit I was surprised that we did very little in the ways of warming up (there just wasn't much time). My feeling from having worked with 5 other fitters over the last few years including John Cobb just a few months ago on a different bike was that this fit was all about going by the FIST book with regards to getting angles right. We set my seat up at 79 degrees and that was it. Everything else was just kind of set from there. We fiddled a bit with seat height and the height of my aerobars but that was about it. To me the most disappointing part of the fit was how little we did to address the cleat/pedal interface. When John fit me we spent probably 80% or more of the time getting that right. The cleat position really dictated how he set me up from there. In this fit Matt made zero adjustments to the pedals and definitely didn't have them set up the way John did. Each fitter is different so no biggie except since I have had this fitting I have had knee and hamstring issues (I think Matt had me too high). This is the first fit that I have ever had where there was any pain associated post fit.

To be fair we just didn't have enough time. I didn't even get a chance to test the bike out after my bars were put back on the bike and the fit adjustments were made. The shop was closed and it was time to go. I really like the guys at All3Sports (Matt too) and I'm sure that Matt is an excellent fitter. I'm certain if I brought this up to them they would address it. But the fit put me in a pretty good position (a testament to the FIST system and Matt) and I just feel that I'll save my self a lot of time and gas just dialing the rest of the fit in myself. I only post this because I think my experience was quite different from yours and someone about to drop big money for a fit should have your experience rather than mine. If you are getting fit there try to do it during the week when you really might have more time. And definitely don't leave until you have a chance to ride your bike and make sure it feels right.
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [fatbastardtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, two different experiences. I made my appointment on a Monday because I know how hectic that it can get in there on the weekends.
The specialty retail business can be very trying on the weekends. When I worked with Fleet Feet, Saturdays were a zoo and it became very hard to give the level of service that every customer deserves.
Maybe they will give Matt his own studio to work out of one day!

Eric Doehrman
E3 Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [gottabe-E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They were talking about setting the studio up in the back which might have been better. Since they invested a ton of money in the retul system though I'm sure they want the exposure to advertise it to their customers (Oooh, what are they doing over there. Retul. Cool I want that).

I think they are doing some cool stuff there and the shop is getting better all the time. The new president (Morgan) is super cool and doing a great job. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a location in the city someday because that is a long drive for us city folk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hands down, Matt Russ at The Sport Factory. He's an expert-level cycling coach and will give you the best bike fit in the Southeast. He's been my coach for several years and I can't say enough about the guy. Personally, he's gotten me very aggressive, but I'm the most comfortable I've ever been. You WON'T be disappointed with Matt Russ. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
~amy

-----------------------

Amy Kloner
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [fatbastardtris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We do not and have not used Dartfish as a fitting tool. This simply does not work. You cannot look at angles from the outside of the body and hope to accurately track where the joints are underneath the skin. We use Dartfish as a tool teach better techniques. It allows us to show you your movements and help you visualize how to improve those movements. We use the WN Precision (aka Wobble Naught) methodology for fitting and technique instruction. Religion does not play into our fitting in any way.

We are serious mountain bikers, I race where my sponsorships have lead me. Namrita is a mountain biker and also a triathlete. Many of our clients are triathletes. I have been studying fitting and technique instruction for the last 6 years and have worked with clients from a wide range of back grounds and with a wide range of goals. I understand the differences that each genre of cycling would need, i.e. road, mountain, cyclocross, track, TT and tri (IM vs shorter races). Each one is different. If one individual were to bring me a bike for each of the sports listed above, each bike would have different constrains and the techniques taught for each one would differ. My personal racing endeavors does not detract from my ability to provide a high quality service.

Eddie O
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [Eddie O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um , your first post is to a 2009 post.

Religion does not play into our fitting in any way.

Glad your are a secular fitter ;-)who are you?
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Opps, I was replying to fatbastardtris's question about seat tube angles, dart fish and my racing background vs fitting ability. I am the owner of 55nine Performance in Atlanta.

Eddie O'Dea
55nine Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the same question and since this is 5 years old I thought I would ask if it is still good info. Live in North atlanta

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [m4mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know Matt is fitting in the area somewhere, i believe on his own now with a purley custom fit bike. I have heard some really good things about what he is doing, i'd check that out.
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [m4mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Russ at Sports Factory is the best. I have used them all including Matt Cole and none of them can compare to Coach Russ
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike fit in Atlanta [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt Cole at Podium Multisport. Best by far.
Quote Reply

Prev Next