Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Spare Tub
Quote | Reply
In the past, I've used an old training tyre, but they are quite bulky, even when folded correctly. Does anyone have any recomendations for a very light, thin tub that can be folded down very small? perhaps a track tyre???? Bearing in mind that this is a spare and hopefully wont ever need to do more than 50 miles tops. (I keep a spare spare in my special needs bag anyway)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Spare Tub [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In the past, I've used an old training tyre, but they are quite bulky, even when folded correctly. Does anyone have any recomendations for a very light, thin tub that can be folded down very small? perhaps a track tyre???? Bearing in mind that this is a spare and hopefully wont ever need to do more than 50 miles tops. (I keep a spare spare in my special needs bag anyway)
Don't really have the room for a spare tub, but I always liked the clawfoot cast iron models.

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No tubular will be very small. Get an old toe strap and strap it under your saddle out of the way. A saddle bag will still fit underneath.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd offer you my spare tub, but someone already took it.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...rch_string=;#2101389

Anyway, it might have been a little heavier than you'd want for racing. Great for training, though!

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vittoria Crono folds really small and is light.
Quote Reply