Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Half Iron Distance in the Northeast [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would vote Harriman the best. Firmman is also a really good race. I did a slightly less than 1/2 IM on the Vermont Sun course and it was also a great race.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Half Iron Distance in the Northeast [hammerheadny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Where should I send your check????:)
We've got some great additions for 2007. We spend alot of time trying to come up with ways to outdo ourselves each year...that's the REALLY fun part for us....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Victor-

The Northeast clique' is alive and strong !

I've done Musseman-VT Half- and Timberman. They're all good races.

Timberman- I'll join the Keith Jordan Love-Fest and say its one of the best damn races bar-none ! I put it right up there with Ironman USA.

The area is as ideal as it gets for the family in-tow weekend warrior. Lots of stuff to do for the wife & kids.
Challenging,but fair bike course, great run along the lakeshore. Can't wait to do it again.
Parking can be an issue if you don't get to Elacoya early enough!

Musselman is what I would call a PR course. Fast & Flat. The only caveat is that by the run it gets really hot & humid....so if you're acclimated and can eat / hydrate well on the bike you'll be fine....something I didn't do in 05.

I'll most likely be there this year as a dress rehearsal for LP.

The Vermont Sun 1/2- Great swim, bike course is fast,but too many turns, and this years Monsoon rain was surreal .
Did not care for the run course at all,nothing to look at or inspire you.

I do applaud the RD's efforts though as I've done a few of his races and kudos to him for giving us another choice of races close by.

Cheers !

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Half Iron Distance in the Northeast [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Just as an FYI, after the VT Sun race the RD said that he was trying to move the race two weeks later, to the weekend after labor day. He said that it would almost definitely happen.

-C[/reply]

It's on September 9.

http://www.vermontsun.com/triathlon.html
Quote Reply
Re: Best Half Iron Distance in the Northeast [SwordFish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Musselman is what I would call a PR course. Fast & Flat. The only caveat is that by the run it gets really hot & humid....so if you're acclimated and can eat / hydrate well on the bike you'll be fine....something I didn't do in 05.

I'll most likely be there this year as a dress rehearsal for LP.

You're doing LP again? Cool. Looks like the ironman bug got you afterall, eh? But isn't Musselman the same day? What would be one hell of a dress rehersal.

-C

P.S. Howz that bike?

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it's not the advice that you were looking for, but there's also a brand new 1/2 in Mass, the Patriot.

http://www.patriothalf.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best Half Iron Distance in the Northeast [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

You're doing LP again? Cool. Looks like the ironman bug got you afterall, eh? But isn't Musselman the same day? What would be one hell of a dress rehersal.

-C

P.S. Howz that bike?

Colin-

LOL ! Well you know if you're going to go big ....

I meant Tupper Lake. But, the more I think about it, 3 wks is waay to close,even at a nice easy pace.

The bike rocks bro !!! Saw your blog. Good stuff.

Maybe we'll see ya at Epicman or the Whiteface Climb this summer.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want very late summer and don't mind taking a ferry , you might consider the MontauK Mightyman the first week of October. Montauk is on Triathlete magazines top 10 triathlon towns list ( had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a list for best fishing towns). The course is challenging but VERY scenic, still a smaller sized event but competitive.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Half Irong Distance in NE [NewYorkSBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you stay in the athlete village at musselman? I am going to do this race + my friend and I are going to stay in the dorms. just wondering how it was?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second moosman. I did the inagural event as my first HIM and it was awesome. Hot as balls, but awesome. One of the cleanest lakes you will ever swim in. If you want an incredible view, i recommend the coppertop lodge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Hey -

I was waiting to announce my new races to y'all but it seems I've been outed!

While the Nutmeg State 1/2 Iron is a new race, it is one race in a series, branching off of a race that has been running for 7 years.

I am an experienced athlete, Iron(wo)maner and I promise you all a killer race!

My website is under major construction right now and the new one will be unveiled soon, but for basic info, check out:

www.endureitmultisports.com

Rock on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did Musselman last year and it was a great race. Loved it. Would recommend it. Also did Timberman twice and that was by far the best race i've ever done. I will be doing Mooseman this year for the first time and would highly recommend any of Keiths races (and stop by his families home made ice cream shops... made a great pre race meal last year stuffing my face with lots of homemade ice cream.. yum). Also have done Tupper twice, it is put on well but I thought Musselman was organized better.

Also there is that Patriot half this year supposedly put on by the same people that do Cranberry Country. It is the first year for the Patriot half but the cranberry country tri was put on very well. So that is something to think about if the timeframe works out better.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Half Iron Distance in the Northeast [speedyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did stay in the "athlete village" (dorms) at Musselman and enjoyed it. The campus is easy to find, right on the run course and right across the street from Wegman's grocery store. Obviously its not a 4-star hotel, its a typical college dorm, but perfect for the intended purpose.

Proud Member of the Guru Cartel, EH?
Quote Reply

Prev Next