Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling
Quote | Reply
Best Earbuds for Conference Calls while Cycling? Trying to eliminate the sound of the wind.
:)

This prolly don't exist.... Any thoughts???

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would never wear an ear bud.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A throat mike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Out on the road or on a trainer?

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply

i am VERY interested in the answers here! i do a lot of calls while on easy rides, and i would spend any amount of money to make this a better experience for those on the other end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might have to think beyond the earbuds themselves:

https://www.sfgate.com/...ate-air-15867960.php

Could be an echo in that thing I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the balance of usability and comfort, you have to sacrifice some sound quality.

Aftershockz, hands down bone conducting models.

They come with a starter set of ear plugs. Toss those in, and set your device up on bluetooth to use those for your microphone/audio. Then you won't hear your fan or your trainer at all. Just the call. If you have to talk, I would suggest a fan with a remote. Blip the remote on the fan and stop pedaling, speak, then carry on.

I'd give audio quality for these kinds of things like a 6/10. But, for using while exercising.............it's a 10/10.

Also, they're 100% safer on runs if you use them. They're open ear, just don't use the ear plugs. So you can hear what's around you. Would work on a bike also, but on a bike I prefer zero distractions outdoors.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

the main thing i worry about is wind noise. i know people i talk to are hearing a lot of it. does this prevent that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Assuming you’re indoors, I find the Creative Outlier Air buds to work great for phone and Zoom calls
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe Jabra Elite Active or the new Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro, both have "wind cancellation". I have the Jabra Active 75t and I can easily talk with someone, but I only use them while running, never cycling (and I honestly believe you shouldn't use anything that could impair your hearing while cycling).

That said, with Jabra (and I'm positive the Galaxy Buds as well), you can use only one bud, no need to have both, that way you will still ear your surroundings. Airpods Pro should work as well.

Maybe something like this could help as well: https://www.cat-ears.com/
Last edited by: lsousa: Jan 22, 21 6:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m using Powerbeats Pros. I’ve used them running into 30 mph winds and on the trainer. I both cases, the person on the other end said they couldn’t hear the wind or trainer noise at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aftershoxz combined with something like this:

https://www.cat-ears.com/...HwXM_ioaAnJWEALw_wcB

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
I would never wear an ear bud.
then don't respond.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had great success with the stock wired apple iphone headphones -- not the wireless buds. I have used them for phone conversations and they seem to work fine. But I also wasn't trying to hide the fact that I was on the bike. ymmv

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just trying to save someone's life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't know the model, but my teammate had some Bose earbuds that sounded amazing when he was out riding. He would call me while he's riding in the Kansas wind and I could hear him just fine. The mic was much better than my AirPods. This was a few years ago, so my guess is the current Bose products are even better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t want to be a party pooper but I believe that
- it is dangerous to be on a conference call while cycling outdoors, you cannot be as alert as you should be
- it is disrespectfull for the conf call attendees

Of course quick call to friend or spouse are ok but no conf call.
Be safe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the Bose sport earphones but aim the fan more towards my mid-section than my head. I feel like I lose heat but if its a conference call, I am not doing VO2 intervals anyway.

Still, I also use this strategy when zwift racing TTTs and don't seem to have much sound or performance problems.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is highly irresponsible behaviour from your side. Not just attending conference calls, the mere act of wearing ear buds while cycling. The sensory deprivation makes you a threat to the safety of others, as well as yourself. This is the reason why it is forbidden in many countries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriChris14 wrote:
Best Earbuds for Conference Calls while Cycling? Trying to eliminate the sound of the wind.

I've mentioned this easily a dozen times in the past six months. I am a Apple hater but their Airpod Pros are ridicilous with their really good noise-canceling. Wind noise is reduced for me like 80%

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
TriChris14 wrote:

I've mentioned this easily a dozen times in the past six months. I am a Apple hater but their Airpod Pros are ridicilous with their really good noise-canceling. Wind noise is reduced for me like 80%

I think the OP was more concerned about wind noise for others on the call, not themselves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriChris14 wrote:

Motorcycle helmet, which will also slightly offset your risk of death in an accident when you distractedly run through an intersection while discussing whether or not the report should have yellow or blue spiral binding.

Quote Reply
Re: Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With that explanation, I doubt it
Quote Reply
Re: Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Just trying to save someone's life.

Your one liners are neither helpful nor a way to get someone on your side. If you're trolling slowtwitch, it's working. If you're genuinely trying to be helpful, reconsider your delivery because it matters
Quote Reply
Re: Best Earbuds for Conf Calls while Cycling [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tested them for actual voice communication but in terms of sound quality and keeping awareness of the sound around you bone conduction is what works for me. I've used both the aftershokz air and recently the bose frames tempo. I think the sound quality on the tempo is a bit better, but there's also a newer aftershokz model which I don't have any experience with.
Quote Reply

Prev Next