Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Being kinda fat may be more healthy
Quote | Reply
Interesting: article cites studies that found that slightly overweight people may be more healthy than "normal" folk:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050419/ap_on_he_me/obesity_deaths
Last edited by: TB in MT: Apr 19, 05 14:00
Quote Reply
Re: Being kinda fat may be more healthy [TB in MT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Americans are healthier than ever, thanks to better maintenance of blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Diabetes is on the rise among people in all weight categories, however."

Healthier or just more medicated?
Quote Reply
Re: Being kinda fat may be more healthy [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could be more medicated, probably is ... I also think maybe skinny people think they are "fine" and don't need to worry about diabetes, blood pressure, etc., while fatter people do, so maybe they try to take care of it ... Plenty of healthy chubby people and unhealthy skinny people out there ... Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TB....where in MT are you?????
Quote Reply
Re: Being kinda fat may be more healthy [kernman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The FAThead. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe, but they are slower!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally predictable. Since we can't convince these folks to slim down and put away their Biggie Size double grease-bombs...

Fat folks are looking for a reason not to have any nutritional awareness, let alone discipline.

I'm betting there are more holes in this story than a block of swiss cheese.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
whenever im ever at clinics, 90% of the patients are obese. Obese people have more health concerns, thats a fact. yes, there are healthy chubby people, and sick skinny people, but those are exceptions, and you shouldnt live by exceptions. I guarantee you that if those chubby people exercised and ate healthy to lose weight, they would be even more healthy
Quote Reply