Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Be careful out there (drunk drivers)
Quote | Reply
Weird incident just happened. I picked up my son earlier this afternoon at his basketball camp. On the way home we were on a two lane highway and the guy in front of me is driving very erratic. All of a sudden he crosses the yellow line and almost takes out a motorcyclist. And I do mean very close. Very soon after he goes off on to the dirt on the side of the road. I'm following him watching him sway onto the dirt or over the yellow line on several occassions. Fortunately I had my cell phone and reported this idiot to the police giving a license plate number and a description of the vehicle. I followed him up the highway giving a blow by blow description on my cell phone of his driving. The police informed they had set up a road block and were waiting for him up the highway just before I turned off home. I had patients booked so couldn't continue following him.

I assume the guy had been drinking or doing drugs unless it was a medical condition. At any rate this guy was extremely dangerous and made me think of what we cyclists have to contend with. I imagine I'll get a call later from the police to verify.

Any ways folks. Please be careful out there. The world is full of idiots.
Quote Reply
Re: Be careful out there (drunk drivers) [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately the same thing happened earlier this week to a couple celebrating their 17th wedding anniversary. They were touring on their motorcycle and a drunk crossed the median and hit them head on. Their families are now without the company of their loved ones because of a stupid, selfish act.
Quote Reply