Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy
Quote | Reply
I didn't serve him dessert, so it certainly won't be shared by the editorial staff of Slowtwitch. Since it was such a hot topic here, I thought you would enjoy hearing his perspective. http://www.therealstarky.com/...-and-barrett-brandon

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have a transcript or a time to view it? I don't feel like watching over an hour for the information.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Starts at ~1:03:20 for the time crunched
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, can't you just give us the Cliff Notes summary?:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's very very sorry. He had a mental lapse. He will never pee in a tent again.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cliff notes; I was in the drafting pack, couldn't piss for fear of losing the draft.....had to hold it. Bladder exploded as I enter t2. Sorry! Now let's joke about a puddle of piss.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
You have a transcript or a time to view it? I don't feel like watching over an hour for the information.

So as a fan of triathlon, faced with the opportunity to listen to a podcast which features all tri-content and interviews, the only thing you're interested in is why somebody pissed themselves? Jeez, its the last thing I'm interested in......
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [PT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you decided to come and read this thread precisely because it's about the last thing you're interested in, I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nchristi wrote:
And you decided to come and read this thread precisely because it's about the last thing you're interested in, I suppose.

I believe PT was referencing the fact that there are 90 hilarious and informative minutes with the Austin 70.3 Champ, the founder of Falco bikes and Barrett, a guy who has been dragged through the mud on this forum. My show is unlike anything that has ever been produced in this sport because you actually get to know/see the personalities of these athletes. And people are asking for fucking cliff notes? Sigh...

Enjoy it now folks. Once these podcasts become more popular, some media executive is going to give me the Larry King slot or maybe even Letterman. You are blessed for this moment in time and it would behoove you to enjoy it while it lasts.

Website
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
He's very very sorry. He had a mental lapse. He will never pee in a tent again.

To sum up this portion of the interview:

He's gone through the 6 stages of tent peeing.

1. Mortification/embarrassment about people discussing this
2. Afraid of repercussions
3. Anger
4. Apathy
5. Rationalizing his behaviour
6. Acceptance that what he did was probably not the best idea.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must admit at first I was like oh here it goes Barrett Brandon slinking over to The Real Snarky to do damage control for his gauche behavior in the changing tent.

But I also must now admit he seems genuinely sorry, embarrassed and I forgive him. Not that he cares but he seems like he gets it.

I really thought he would go on the show and give "his version" and would try to make it seem like he did nothing wrong. But this guy actually admitted that this was not appropriate behavior. I like that in today's world of deny everything or make excuses he actually apologized. He seems like a decent human being remarkably. I would never have thunk it.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
I must admit at first I was like oh here it goes Barrett Brandon slinking over to The Real Snarky....

....But this guy actually admitted that this was not appropriate behavior.

illustrative of who is and who isn't holding people accountable in triathlon today. I hear Andy Potts actually made his first real tweet (vice sponsor plug spam) in response to some instigation from TRS. I hear there as been and will be lots of discussion at WTC about paying 10 deep.

Etc.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
I must admit at first I was like oh here it goes Barrett Brandon slinking over to The Real Snarky to do damage control for his gauche behavior in the changing tent.

But I also must now admit he seems genuinely sorry, embarrassed and I forgive him. Not that he cares but he seems like he gets it.

I really thought he would go on the show and give "his version" and would try to make it seem like he did nothing wrong. But this guy actually admitted that this was not appropriate behavior. I like that in today's world of deny everything or make excuses he actually apologized. He seems like a decent human being remarkably. I would never have thunk it.

Lance wouldn't have apologized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will Lance be on the next podcast? Your questions are better than Oprah's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:

Well said. Barrett seems like a total boy-scout that got carried away in the heat of the moment and behaved inappropriately. Funny story, with our Big Lebowski sketch, he wouldn't even swear on the air. Would only agree to do it if I changed his f-bombs to hell and heck. He also made me remove the name of a prominent triathlon leader, so I made it Craig Alexander instead. Model citizen from what I hear. Seems like a genuine, good dude based on my interaction with him.

Not once, in pre or post interview conversations, did he ever try to argue or justify his behavior. What you heard was legit.

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So why does he not come onto ST and explain what happened?

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [whiteandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would pay good money to hear The Real Starky interview Lance Armstrong. Would be interesting to say the least. When can we set this up??
Last edited by: tinytri: Nov 3, 14 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does he need to go on every forum talking about the incident? Sure this is the largest one but why beat a dead horse. He apologized and moved on, maybe some others should take note.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
So why does he not come onto ST and explain what happened?

Because you're a bunch of savages. Listen to the interview and tell me what more is left to say!!

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For people that want to change USAT listen to this podcast, TRS asked good questions about how to get involved since Barrett is on the USAT board. With how much complaining people do no here they can actually do something with them.

TRS is like the class clown that gets a 1350 on the SAT. Actually researches people before they come on air so they can have a real conversation, not one of those tell me about your sponsors and the love feast of the pros. Damn you TRS for making me learn something!
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [PUTU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PUTU wrote:
TRS is like the class clown that gets a 1350 on the SAT.

The SAT now has three 800 point sections so 1350 is a terrible score. Oh wait, I think you knew that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Yes. I thought the same thing. Not once in the interview with TRS did he try and get around what he did. Even when TRS tried to give him a pass saying all the pros he spoke with said they would have done the same thing.

But he did not take the pass he was offered. He owned it. I (obviously) was one of the most vocal posters when he did the deed. But like said he made a mistake like we all do and owned up to it and apologized. And mentioned the volunteers several times.
Quote Reply
Re: Barrett Brandon addresses the IMChoo Tent Controversy [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except for the part where most schools don't give a shit about the writing portion, you are correct.

And i think the guy you replied to was inferring that was a good score.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
nchristi wrote:

I believe PT was referencing the fact that there are 90 hilarious and informative minutes with the Austin 70.3 Champ, the founder of Falco bikes and Barrett, a guy who has been dragged through the mud on this forum. My show is unlike anything that has ever been produced in this sport because you actually get to know/see the personalities of these athletes. And people are asking for fucking cliff notes? Sigh...

Enjoy it now folks. Once these podcasts become more popular, some media executive is going to give me the Larry King slot or maybe even Letterman. You are blessed for this moment in time and it would behoove you to enjoy it while it lasts.

Thankyou - that was my point. I clicked the thread to see how exactly a nonsense topic which had been dealt with pretty thoroughly could still manage to live on...

Now, Mr TRS, I have James Murdoch on line 3 for you.....
Quote Reply