Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Backed my freakin truck over my bike today
Quote | Reply
I come home from a great New Years day ride (here in Maine thats rare) and i lay down the bike in front of the closed garage door and enter the house from the back where my wife has left it unlocked. One hour later, I enter the garage from the house, oblivious to the fact that I had laid down the bike just on the other side of the garagge door. Hit the button to the door and back the CHEVY AVALANCHE out the door when I feel some resistance and here some crunching. Now I may not be the brightest cookie in the bunch, but I know what a Cannondale R2000 sounds like when it is being run over by a heavy ass truck. I slam the breaks on and run around the truck to see my bike crushed under the car. Maybe I can sell it EBAY for close to list price. At least it wasnt my P3 with the 404's on it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Backed my freakin truck over my bike today [mainetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain. On the up side, you can look forward to buying a new steed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about some pics of what not to do, hehehehehehehhehehehehe

-

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OUCH. Damn dude, that's gotta hurt. On the plus side, it should be covered under your house insurance policy, just as if you driven into your garage with it on the roof.

Good to hear the P3 survived. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When in college, I drove into the dorm parking structure. I also completely forgot that I had my month-old Trek (a higher-end model, circa '86) on the roof rack. BANG. I found it quite disturbing to not see the bike through the sunroof anymore. That was the beginning of a layoff that essentially lasted until May 2003.

I feel your pain.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Last edited by: Aztec: Jan 1, 05 17:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, major bust man. I would at least try to see if Cannondale will warranty the frame, it'd be a kick to see what their response is. Pictures would be great by the way.
Quote Reply
Re: Backed my freakin truck over my bike today [Androgynotopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  It got worse as the day went on. Two hours later, my eight year old cat throws a clot into its hindquarters and starts screaming in pain. I drive it to the emergencey vet who tells me the cat is pretty much a goner and the next 24 hours will cost 1500 bucks then he may live a week to ten weeks at which time another clot will likely kill him. After much cell phone debating with my wife we chose to end his suffering. Welcome to 2005.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never want to be in that situation and I have a 2 1/2 year old lab, I dread that moment,

Sorry, hope you made the right decision, go out and get another animal to help with the pain.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now, exactly where were you, when your bike was run over by this delivery truck that pulled into your dirveway by mistake and then drove off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mainetriguy,

Ooops.

Thanks for sharing such an embarrassing moment. Hopefully, it will save someone else's bike in the future.

At least you are not the only person in this world to have suffered this fate. It ranks right up there with driving into the garage with the bike still on the roof rack. The outcome is usually the same.

Obviously, there is a better bike in the near future for you. You just didn't realize you would be purchasing it so soon. Get it done now, and you will probably have it by early Spring and you'll be ready for the road.

Oh, and one more thing, You'll probably never ever drive over a bike again. That's a gimme.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Last edited by: Wants2rideFast: Jan 1, 05 20:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not as bad as my vater. new bouncy bike "softride" solo. first day. only stopped just in time to save the frame. nothin like 2 sets of new wheels in one day.

his awesome mechanic kid fixed it all up.

cats don't sit well in a truing stand though.

i feel your pain man
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man - both events you listed suck deeply. I live in constant fear of driving into the garage with our bikes on top. And condolences on the kitty. But what is 'throwing a clot'?

Quote | Reply
My condolances on your bike and on your cat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you would have had a real steel frame instead of a beer can bike you wouldn't have this problem. You have no bike soul.

Sorry about your kitty. It sucks to lose family.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Backed my freakin truck over my bike today [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like you should be talking. Aren't you the one getting a 'free' beer can bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Backed my freakin truck over my bike today [hansoa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was being sarcastic about the retro grouch threads. I forget that others do not follow my train of thought. I like beer cans.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm jealous you had your road bike out . . . still plenty of ice on the roads in some parts of Maine. Too bad about your bike though, but now you get to go through the process of buying a new one (always fun). I may actually try that one. My wife always asks, "what is wrong with your other bikes?" when I want a new one . . . I normally can't give her a good reason but may be on to something now.

Sorry about your cat.
Quote Reply