Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC TM02 PAINT CHIPPING
Quote | Reply
Has anyone out there had the problem of paint chipping on their BMC TM02 (2012) where the fork meets the downtube? My buddy got his new BMC TM02 a week ago and it seems the top of the fork actually hits the downtube of the frame when the bars are turned at a 45 (or close.)

I am thinking this is a deisgn flaw and should be covered under mfr defect warranty.

UOFT
Last edited by: scsq: Oct 8, 12 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 PAINT CHIPPING [scsq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had the same issue ripped pant off mine from putting tape on topetube with gels. Seems to be a flaw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am having a chipping issue as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like this ?

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 PAINT CHIPPING [Tillquist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly the same. Have you addressed yet with your LBS or BMC?

UOFT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No it's not my bike.

I could just remember that I had seen it earlier on this forum. Here -> http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...um.cgi?post=4138309;

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up this same model bike yesterday and immediately noticed that you can't turn the handlebars very far. Design flaw for sure. Not a terrible one considering how great the rest of the bike is. Should we be worried about it more than just chipping paint?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 PAINT CHIPPING [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
I picked up this same model bike yesterday and immediately noticed that you can't turn the handlebars very far. Design flaw for sure. Not a terrible one considering how great the rest of the bike is. Should we be worried about it more than just chipping paint?

I've never had a problem with this when actually riding. Even on a sharp, hairpin turn on my usual route I come nowhere near the turn limit. It is only, say, when I get off the bike and try to wheel it around (like in the garage or on the sidewalk) that it's an issue. Really no bike deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might want to correct your Subject line to TM02, not TM01. Thanks.

"We don't inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." --Chief Seattle
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM02 PAINT CHIPPING [scsq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exact same thing is happening to my TM02 as well. Did BMC end up replacing the bike or fixing their design flaw?
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM02 PAINT CHIPPING [KelMarie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KelMarie wrote:
Exact same thing is happening to my TM02 as well. Did BMC end up replacing the bike or fixing their design flaw?

They added little rubber nubs on the fork starting in 2013 or 2014.
Quote Reply