Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC TM01 Bento Box
Quote | Reply
The TM01 frame has a spot for a bolt on bento, but contrary to older models, it's no longer being sold with the soft side xlab bento that used to be made for those bolts. I could be wrong, but it's not listed on the BMC site or other sales sites. Saw a post or article that showed the BMC tri team with a velcro on seven bento. I assume the bolts on the frame were put there in the hopes that someone would make something to fit, especially considering the TM01 is touted as a 70.3-140.6 bike. Anyone find a bolt on that works? Probably just being picky, but the bolt on looks much cleaner than a velcro on (had originally typed strap on...could lead us down a dark slippery path).
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Bento Box [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't be able to contribute as far as them no longer being sold - last I was told they would be included on MY18 TM01 models & frameset only. However beyond MY18 I don't know. I do know we made bags this year for them.

I have heard that some BMC retailers were not aware of this bag. From my BMC contacts though, the bag is on the BMC Spare Part list and can be purchased via that method.

Hope that helps and will try and reach out to BMC for more updated information.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Bento Box [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice - XLAB wrote:
I wouldn't be able to contribute as far as them no longer being sold - last I was told they would be included on MY18 TM01 models & frameset only. However beyond MY18 I don't know. I do know we made bags this year for them.

I have heard that some BMC retailers were not aware of this bag. From my BMC contacts though, the bag is on the BMC Spare Part list and can be purchased via that method.

Hope that helps and will try and reach out to BMC for more updated information.

Thanks Candice. Looks like BMC made a quick jump to MY19 to address the fork issue. But looking at the spec sheet (i'm looking at buying a TM01-three) the bag isn't pictured or listed anywhere. Just seems odd because you'd think they'd want that in the advert.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 TM01 and use a heavy two sided tape. It mounts flush, you don't see the tape, and it looks clean. The only drawback is that the bento box cannot go on and off. If you take it off, you'll leave plenty of tape residue on the bento and the frame and it's a PITA to clean off.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Bento Box [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same model bike, which bento do you use?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm - well I know when we first started the partnership it was hard to find a picture with the bag, but eventually I started seeing them.

If you go onto the TM01 page - the bag is not listed on the specs, but there is a picture call-out with the bag on the bike.

I emailed my contacts, but they are on summer vacation for a while, so I would recommend going to your local BMC dealer and seeing if they can see it on the spare parts list, or if they know whether the MY19 comes with the bag. They may have different contacts from me.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what type of 2 sided tape do you use? thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Bento Box [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
esox.flucius wrote:
I have the same model bike, which bento do you use?

Xlab Stealth Pocket 500 carbon
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Bento Box [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipS wrote:
what type of 2 sided tape do you use? thanks!

Sorry, I don't know the brand. I got it at Lowes. It has a red strip on one side that you peel off (the other side rolls up against the red strip). The tape itself is gray and about 1/16th inch thick. There is NO chance that box is going anywhere. I had to peel that crap off once to upgrade the bento box and it took me a good half hour to scrape it off my top tube with my finger nails and Goo Gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks - the BMC bolts are mounted too far back for my taste.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC TM01 Bento Box [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipS wrote:
thanks - the BMC bolts are mounted too far back for my taste.

I wouldn’t mind it if there was a proprietary box that fit well.
Quote Reply