Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BALCO, ZSM, and Regina Jacobs
Quote | Reply
There is a pretty comprehensive article over on ESPN about the history of BALCO, Conte, and the THG scandal. A few questions:

1. Does anyone think any triathletes are going to get subpoenas?

2. Has anyone here ever taken ZSM?

3. Did Regina Jacobs really test positive for THG? That would really suck, I've always liked watching her run . If ture, I can only imagine what Suzy Favor-Hamilton is thinking/feeling/saying.

Side note: anyone read that article in Outside magazine, "Drug Test"? Pretty spooky stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: BALCO, ZSM, and Regina Jacobs [garth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regina is busted! Best news in a long time. She has for a few years been the most obvious drug abuser in track, and has repeatedly gotten out of trouble with technicalities and avoiding testing wherever possible. That plus the astounding ability of US track and field officialdom to cover up for their athletes.

No drug testing in Boston -- she sets a WR indoors; Drug testing at Millrose Games -- she skips the meet! A pattern repeated over and over.

Regina should be tied to a post and Suzy given free reign to pelt her with track shoes for a few hours.

As for triathletes -- I don't think they can afford that sort of stuff. At least not the pros. AG'rs are another matter, though...
Quote Reply
She is getting everything she deserved, yes she [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tested positive, knocking on 40 and constantly improving, for a few moments there I mistakenly thought she was running for China.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZMA is BALCO's (Conte's) big legal product, it's zinc and magnesium aspartate plus B-6, supposed to coax the body to produce more testosterone. Probably actually does, at least in people with a zinc or mag deficiency, which is known to suppress T production. As we're finding out, BALCO probably had other REAL bidness.

The stuff they're all testing positive for, THG, is a steroid tweaked with a few extra hydrogen molecules or such, that allowed it to escape detection because the spectrometer didn't recognize it. It does now.

The druggy article I posted a few days ago is by Charlie Francis, who knows more about doping than StarKist knows about tuna. It will depress honest men.

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[snip]

the thing i like about it is that apparently there is no such thing as ever having passed a drug test. i just wonder how much pee they freeze and how often they toss the sample and they're gone forever. i would LOVE to have some past tri and bike racing pee thawed and retested, and let the chips fall where they may.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: BALCO, ZSM, and Regina Jacobs [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had no idea she was considered so suspect, though I was beginning to wonder exactly when she was going to start slowing down. After readin that Tesosterone magazine article, I wonder if i am going to have to give-up being a fan of track all together. It would be interesting to know who all is getting subpoenas in the BALCO investigation.
Quote Reply
Re: BALCO, ZSM, and Regina Jacobs [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope(though I tend to doubt) that her "B" test comes back negative. I'm a big Regina fan :(
Quote Reply