Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Attn SoCal'ers: Ride with Floyd Landis this Sunday!!!
Quote | Reply
Laguna Beach Cyclery is hosting a ride with Floyd Landis this Sunday at 8:00 a.m.

The ride is open to anyone regardless of ability. The group will travel up Laguna Canyon Road and through Irvine. It will eventually meet up and join Como Street. Como is not for the faint of heart, it's a fast training ride for the experienced rider/racer. Those not wishing to participate in Como will return as a group to the shop. Floyd will return to the shop and stay for the remainder of the day for autographs and photos. At 4 p.m., the shop will host it's annual Christmas Party, and all are invited!

The shop's website will be updated shortly with the info: www.lagunacyclery.net

Now I have to decide whether to dump my last 'cross race of the season to do this.

Btw, my only affiliation with the shop is I'm a member of Team Monex - i.e. I'm not selling anything - just thought I'd pass the info along.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Attn SoCal'ers: Ride with Floyd Landis this Sunday!!! [JM3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who else is going? Oh, what is his team status now- I've lost track.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds fun ... might have to make into SoCal this weekend.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Attn SoCal'ers: Ride with Floyd Landis this Sunday!!! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Floyd is staying with Phonak, but I don't know any of the particulars about what's happening. I get the feeling there's some sort of something going on behind the scenes with regards to Phonak's status on the new Pro Tour. Maybe he can enlighten us. I know he had some appealing offers to go elsewhere, but not sure the details can be shared.

Besides Team Monex, I don't know who else will be there, but it's certainly not unusual to see just about any Div1 - Div 3 rider this time of year on Como Street. Oh, and we usually have a chunk of the ladies Team Mobile team on stuff like this - nice benefit for having the director of the Monex team being married to one of them.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for the late-night left-coasters.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the tip. i'd love to go (and get my ass handed to me), but the timing doesn't work for me. regards to floyd (no, i don't know him, but give him my regards anyway)

Quote | Reply
Sounds fun!! Give us a report if you go.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He will also be at the bike shop here in town sigining autographs at 1pm today.
Quote Reply