Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Arrogance or Stupidity?
Quote | Reply
Packet pick-up and pre-race party for the 25th Annual Heatwave Classic Triathlon was held at Indian Cycle and Fitness last night. During the party, someone took a Trek Madone 5.9 ($4100) off the rack and rolled it out the side door without paying for it. THEN, the bike shows up in the transition area this morning. The athlete (23-years old) said he got it as a gift. When the police showed up his story changed. He was last seen in the back of the police car in handcuffs, still wearing his bike helmet. He does NOT get a refund on his entry fee.

I have been racing 23 years and this is one of the wildest things I have seen at a race. I cannot believe he actually showed at the race with the stolen bike.

Anyone have stupid tri-tales to share?

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Arrogance or Stupidity? [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is an old, old story about a kid who steals his Mother's bicycle. When the police ask the woman if she is satisfied with the recovery of her bicycle, she says "No" and insists that the cops throw the book at her son for the "benefit of other wheelmen."

A reporter noted: "Even maternal affection, which forgives many things, draws the line at stealing bicycles, so the wheeling instinct can now justly claim to be the strongest in human nature, as it has conquered the only one supposed to be invincible"

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those greedy race directors and their refund policies make me sick :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lockup in spandex - he'll be popular!
Quote Reply