Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Arizona sure is nice....
Quote | Reply
-Just got back from Arizona today. What a nice place. That place is particularly well suited for training. Absolutely beautiful.

Great roads, fun running paths and some incredible trail runs and hikes. Awesome. Nothing like that around here. I met many interesting people there.

Big fun. For those of you who are lucky enough to live in Arizona- you don;t know how good you've got it. It is snowing and, like 34 degrees here.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just there this last week-end.. LOVED it! I will be back there training for next 2 week-ends and just bought a condo there.. I am very jaleous of those who get to live there:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, you snubbed us eastcoasters.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Real estate prices seemed reasonable and the houses were beautiful.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you, know, for a guy that keeps telling us he swears off girlfriends, you sure seem to get around the world with some attractive women!

Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Friends. Damn, you must be looking at the photo with a magnifying glass.

Yeah, I am lucky though. Marcie the Mermaid is adorable. Mermaids, however, are not well suited for the desert though and her feet took a bit of a pounding in 15 miles of desert hiking over 7 hours. She is tough as nails though and didn;t say a word until we got home. Then I did the good 'ole blister repair on her which she did not enjoy much, poor thing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Big fun. For those of you who are lucky enough to live in Arizona- you don;t know how good you've got it. It is snowing and, like 34 degrees here.

Heh, heh. It's 84F and sunny here. That 34 degree weather crap is exactly why I moved from Southgate last May :-))

That and the total lack of hills to do any meaningful long rides on. And the potholes large enough to swallow an aircraft carrier, and..........well, you know what I mean. Got tired of riding the three downriver Metroparks over and over again.

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can identify.

By the way, is this a dog print? Anyone know?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's Tibbs!!

Run!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking of relocating? From the sounds of it, you might have a job on the local tourism board... Really though, aren't there more triathletes in Arizona than in Michigan? Moving does suck, but you only get so many spins on this big rock so make them count. My Dad always told me "Life's too short to dance with ugly women" so maybe life is too short to live in a place you're not crazy about.

Just a thought as I contemplate this damn career I've gotten myself into. I think it would be nice if life had a "reset button."

Anyway, enough rambling. Nice pics.

Lehmkuhler
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [Lehmkuhler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes I think about that. But this is home and my business is here and we are doing well so that is a good reason to stay.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By "blister repair", do you mean inserting a needle and thread, and leaving the thread sticking out both ends to stop it from closing up?

P.S. Welcome back. Happy birthday. And yes, AZ is beautiful, that's what compelled me to sign up for IMAZ--the thought of finishing around sunset after a job well done. I lived alone in a trailer there for three months with no running water in December to February thirteen mile of bad road from Tombstone. Sunsets and mountains amazing. Dusting of snow just about every morning. This was the first time in my life I was "regular". Every morning at 5:00 PM I had to "go". See above note RE: "no running water" and "Dusting of snow just about every morning".
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you weren't one of those people that paints their lawn green, are you?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
By the way, is this a dog print?
Coyote on the left, Bigfoot on the right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<<By the way, is this a dog print? Anyone know?>>

most likely a coyote- if you live outside of the very urban areas you can hear them serenading at night..... we have coyotes, javalina, bobcats and deer, once in a while a mountain lion also.

where did you hike? tried to figure out where you took that photo.

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
you weren't one of those people that paints their lawn green, are you?
No...the neighbor's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's Tibbs!!

Tibbsie's paw prints are larger ;-) Could be a pretty big coyote or a medium size dog, judging from the depth of the print. Wicked set of nails, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
arizona's great ... everything from the high desert, to the mountains, to flagstaff, one of the coolest mtn towns in the west.

nevada looks a lot like arizona, if you know where to go.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Arizona sure is nice.... [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Wicked set of nails, too. "

He'e been busy lately, hard to find time to trim the nails, you know.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The photos are from the Superstition Mountain area. Very nice. Those few were actually taken walking along the dirt "road" to the JF Trail trailhead. We went over two little mountain passes. Very cool.

I fixed The Mermaid's blisters by piercing both ends several times, squeezing out the gunk and then covering them with Moleskin. It worked OK and her feet are much better today, er, more correctly, her fin.

Coyote? That big? I was like- "That's some guy's dog- it is too bike to be anything else." Look how deep it is. That must have been a 60 pound animal!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But this is home and my business is here
Tom--You could sell half your operation to a partner who robs you blind and runs the business into the ground. Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey I live in the midwest!!! Plus I love the heat..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Coyote? That big? I was like- "That's some guy's dog- it is too bike to be anything else." Look how deep it is. That must have been a 60 pound animal! "

They can get a little hefty, but I've never known any to bike, though.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tom, then you do what I did.. keep your business in the midwest and buy a place in AZ to go to on the week-ends!
Quote Reply

Prev Next