Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Argon
Quote | Reply
Have been trying to reach Argon via email for a few days. Today I broke down and called their 800# and it was disconnected. Any ideas?

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are in the U.S. I would contact Sinclair Imports - their U.S. distributor.

Quote | Reply
Don't bother...the company is crap...and all you'll get from Sinclair Imports is months of months of run around. My frame has a crack in the downtube. I've sent pictures to Sinclair Imports and they seem to "lose" the pictures. I've resent multiple times. They finally said they've sent to Argon HQ. I've been promised a response on how Argon will resolve the crack (i.e. will they warranty the frame?) That was in June...it's October. I finally just gave up.

Save your money and buy a diffierent bike. These bikes are too expensive to not have a real warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sinclair is essentially worthless. I have an Argon 18 E-114 and have been trying to get a new stem and carbon extensions since the end of July. All of the people I have been put in touch with know absolutely nothing about Argon. They first sent me the extensions, and of course, they were the wrong ones. Called them back and they said that they would send the correct ones when they ship my stem. Still haven't received either. I call them every few weeks and no one has any clue as to what is going on. To make things worse, they won't ship direct to the consumer. My local shop, Sunrise Tri, dislike them and won't deal, so I need to get the parts shipped through a dealer in Philly. Incredibly frustrating! Just got a new bike, Shiv, and my chief reason for getting a Specialized was because of the number of dealers that stock their parts. Easy to get fixed, tuned up, ect.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [aaronyoungtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always called 1 514 271-2992 and asked for either Simon or customer service. I loved my E112 and now my E116.

ItsAGoodLifeIfYouTriIt
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [jdrummo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same story with me. i tried to get it fixed before IMNYC, and I am still trying! All I need is a stem and carbon extensions and they can't seem to do it. I even want to pay for the parts, as in, not trying to get it covered by warranty.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [Mr X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll give this a whirl. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a card from Robb Wolf of Sinclair Imports at Kona. You could give him a try - 800-654-8052 or 775-345-0600 x264. rwolf@sinclairimports.com. If I remember right, he's in Reno. I did take a spin on an Argon road bike out on the Queen K. Fun ride.

You only get one trip!
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought I'd jump in here to add some context.

If you need help or contact information, our website is the best source. One could also easily find our info@argon18bike.com help-line email there.

Robb W @ Sinclair has followed up thoroughly on both cases cited on this post. It seems that there have been ongoing discussions and several attempts to clarify and resolve both situations.

Thanks for your support.

Optimal Balance makes the world go 'round!
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [jdrummo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your frustration is noted.

However, please understand that we impose certain guidelines on our distributors in evaluating warrantees since we have to do them from a distance. We need clear, accurate images of the affected areas. It was not a case of losing but of needed sharp close-ups.

In your case it was an issue with the paint that needed repair and a credit has been offered. Feel free to communicate with Robb W @ Sinclair on the final resolution of your case.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strong words here, hopefully things get on track for you with your recent communication with Sinclair.

We have 2 types of bars (with product code numbers to make ordering clear) that are carried by our authorized dealers and failing that Sinclair ships to your LBS overnight if need be. Sinclair seems to be making every effort to get what you want, hopefully it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Quote Reply
Re: Argon [Jeff_Argon18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeff_Argon18 wrote:
I thought I'd jump in here to add some context.

If you need help or contact information, our website is the best source. One could also easily find our info@argon18bike.com help-line email there.

Robb W @ Sinclair has followed up thoroughly on both cases cited on this post. It seems that there have been ongoing discussions and several attempts to clarify and resolve both situations.

Thanks for your support.

Listen, I mostly read, hardly ever post and never bash any manufacturers or retailers here. This stuff about Sinclair Imports matches my experience and my bike shop's experience with them. Instead of rationalizing and making excuses, you need to fix this useless distributor of yours. As simple as it sounds, my next bike is due soon and it will not be Argon18 because of terrible product support. It took them two and a half months to figure out the seatpost clamp assembly spare parts and never managed to send proper replacement. So, piece of advice, nice and short, fix your distributor or you will loose my business. Now, carry on making excuses.
Quote Reply
Re: Argon [atasic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i agree entirely. i just got a new bike, a Shiv, because I was sick of Sinclair. Don't get me wrong, Argon bikes are top notch. I loved my E-114 and still do, but dealing with that distributor is a PITA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been looking at Argon 18 for a while as I like the bikes and the value seems right, plus I like off the beaten path bikes. Currently on my second Guru (will continue with them if I can get a 901 at low price, not interested in the rest of the lineup as it wont be an upgrade from my current ride) They are also in Canada and had 2 smalls issues with them (nothing cathastrophic) and both were resolved via email directly with them in reasonable timeframes. They even offered to repaint my frame (had 2 small chips) but I decided against it as it was not worth the hassle. This Argon19/Sinclair stories are making me think twice.... I dont like companies making excuses for their distributor and they shouldnt because it is their name on those frames....

Peace out, off to another LA thread

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2008 E112, absolutely in love with it, fits like a glove, enjoy every minute on it. Exceptional reliability, great craftsmanship, all the best. I am a pilot by profession. In my line of work we have no excuses, therefore do not tolerate others make them. Yes, I agree, Argon18 should think twice who they choose to support their product as it affects their reputation. Argon18 has it's name on the frame and the buck stops with them.
Last edited by: atasic: Oct 18, 12 12:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree to attempt at rationalization as my understanding of the 2 cases cited was quite different from what was written, however made no excuses.

In sports or business (and flying)-no excuses are valid, I totally agree. We are working on improving service levels throughout our organization so thanks for the feedback it is appreciated.

Thanks for your support and hope to see you on Argon 18 in the future.

Quote Reply