Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Are the redesigned BMC TM02 rear brakes less of a nightmare?
Quote | Reply
Considering buying a time machine 02 and wondering if the rear brakes are less of a nightmare than the prior design. Had a buddy with the old TM02 and he had to take his crank off to adjust rear brake. Hoping I could use my tri rig omega X front and rear on the TM02.
Quote Reply
Re: Are the redesigned BMC TM02 rear brakes less of a nightmare? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Considering buying a time machine 02 and wondering if the rear brakes are less of a nightmare than the prior design. Had a buddy with the old TM02 and he had to take his crank off to adjust rear brake. Hoping I could use my tri rig omega X front and rear on the TM02.
It's my understanding that the new TM02 uses Shimano Direct Mount brakes front and rear. So yes, Omega X is compatible in both locations using the included Direct-Mount Adapters.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Are the redesigned BMC TM02 rear brakes less of a nightmare? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping you’d say that! By the way I refuse to buy a bike with integrated anything because your alpha X bar and omega X brakes are so freaking good. Keep it up!
Quote Reply
Re: Are the redesigned BMC TM02 rear brakes less of a nightmare? [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello. I have the TM02 and have had some fun with its rear brakes. Not nightmare, but not ideal. If you have a 52- or 50-tooth big ring it is possible to barely get a ball head hex wrench to adjust them. For race day prep though, I recommend removing the crank and using the torque wrench and a flashlight to get the toe-in and alignment perfect. However on the brake selection you are limited to only Shimano-branded DM brakes. The reason for this is that there is an indentation specifically shaped for this style of brake. Neither eeBrakes G3 nor the Omega X (which I run up front) fit as the frame shape interferes. On mine I run full Jagwire link housing from the brake lever to the Dura-Ace DM brake and the brake action is extremely strong. The biggest downside is that as I don't use the SM-CB90 adjuster dialing in the exact cable tension takes cleverness and effort. Lastly, although the pictures show the cable/brake seems to stick out there is plenty of clearance for the ND-side crank.
Quote Reply