Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Applying Slowman's point system for cross-training sports?
Quote | Reply
Like many of you, I use Slowman's point system of: Swim 100M = 1pt, Run 1 mile = 4pts, Bike 1 mile = 1pt so can we apply this to other sports like inline skating or cross-country skiing? I'm thinking perhaps something like 2pts for every mile of inline skating and 3pts for every mile spent XC skiing. What do you guys think?

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: Applying Slowman's point system for cross-training sports? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would rate xc and inline the same, say 2 pts apiece.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: Applying Slowman's point system for cross-training sports? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why bother with a point system? The goal of cross-training is to keep in shape while taking a physical and mental break from the rigors of full-out training.

Skip the point system - just get out there and enjoy yourself.
Quote Reply
Re: Applying Slowman's point system for cross-training sports? [Bru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree but I'm such a numbers geek.

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the link to the real point system? Now I'm curious...

~Angie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman gave me 2 aerobic points for every mile of XC skiing when I participated in his first virtual camp in March. I was still in the midst of my XC ski race season and was just starting to gradually transition back to tri sports.

Dev
Quote Reply