Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone with Cramp-fasciculation syndrome?
Quote | Reply
Hey all, been struggling with persistent spasms and cramping in my right calf for a few years now, and finally got this diagnosis today. Running and cycling are going well, but my calf with lock up randomly, and more frequently at night. I've done massage and acupuncture, stopped caffeine and alcohol with no impact. Does anyone here have recommendations for non-medicinal remedies? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone with Cramp-fasciculation syndrome? [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started taking good quality magnesium before bed at night as well as Vitamin E and that has helped me with nighttime calf cramping. I have not been diagnosed with the syndrome you speak of however.

https://www.amazon.com/Absorption-Magnesium-Restless-Syndrome-Monohydrate/dp/B00OHRTHR4
Last edited by: joebfromashley: Aug 7, 18 13:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had this.
Turned out it was due to nerve root irritation

Core stabilisation, heavy deadlifting and time sorted it out.
Caffeine could set them off, but that didn’t bother me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The guy I work with was always complaining about severe leg cramps at night. He started taking cramp defense (magnesium) and he says it has worked miracles. I know he has tried a bunch of stuff, diet, etc but this seems to have helped him.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone with Cramp-fasciculation syndrome? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
The guy I work with was always complaining about severe leg cramps at night. He started taking cramp defense (magnesium) and he says it has worked miracles. I know he has tried a bunch of stuff, diet, etc but this seems to have helped him.

Thanks for the input -- just ordered some high absorption magnesium. I'll give it a try!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone with Cramp-fasciculation syndrome? [TriByran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would nerve root irritation show up on a nerve conduction study? I had that done last week with normal results.

TriByran wrote:
I had this.
Turned out it was due to nerve root irritation

Core stabilisation, heavy deadlifting and time sorted it out.
Caffeine could set them off, but that didn’t bother me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No it wouldn’t.
But a NCS would likely rule out the nasties ALS etc.
Just try and ignore it and get on with your life, it will go with time
Quote Reply