Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone successful in contacting US Mavic customer service recently?
Quote | Reply
I had been calling them everyday for about a week but no one answered.

I received a 2019 Mavic Comete Pro SL UST wheelset and found out that the freewheel hub was defective (out of tolerance). The problem: I couldn't install my shimano 11spd cassette. It was as if the freewheel hub was made for 10spd. There was not enough space left for the last sprocket (11t), much less the cassette lockring. I tried different sets of Shimano 11spd cassette with the same result. Anyone had a similar issue by any chance?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successful in contacting US Mavic customer service recently? [prankster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Have you e-mailed them?

Oftentimes, larger companies, such as Mavic, want consumers to work with the local distributor or bike shop. Have you tried this?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successful in contacting US Mavic customer service recently? [prankster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the freehub body have a spacer on it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amer Sports (owner of MAVIC) sold it to an investment firm, which I believe the deal was closing by Aug 1. So, yeah, no one is answering the phones.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Odd. Mavic freehubs have 'always' been longer than typical freehub bodies. The thing I love about mavic freehubs is that even a wheel made over a decade ago are compatible with the longer 11s shimano cassettes.

This maybe a silly question, but do you have a spacer ring on the freehub body. If so, remove it and try again.

If you don't have a spacer ring, how long does the freehub body measure?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Left = mine, right = amazon. The shoulder is thicker on mine. I still found it hard to believe that Mavic had missed this in QC. They had been making freewheel hubs like forever.

There was no 10spd spacer. That was the first thing I checked as well.

I messaged Mavic on twitter. They replied me back saying they were in the middle of an IT tool change from Odgen to Park City. Probably related to what @ABarnes said.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone successful in contacting US Mavic customer service recently? [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of 2009 Ksyrium Elites that were 11 speed. I was very surprised when I found out.
Quote Reply