Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone score some Alphafly 3s
Quote | Reply
Logged into Nike app as soon as I got the drop notification and only size left was men’s 11. I needed 10. No larger size women’s left either. Hopefully more released soon.

Let food be thy medicine...
Last edited by: JackStraw13: Jan 4, 24 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Logged into Nike app as soon as I got the drop notification and only size left was men’s 11. I needed 10. No larger size women’s left either. Hopefully more released soon.

Was fortunate to snag a M12. Looking forward to giving them a go at Boston this spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had my pair in the “bag”/cart but pay failed - no longer available (was around 7:01 PT on my phone).

Women’s size equivalent was still “available” - not greyed out - but couldn’t even add it to the bag.

Good thing they’re available on kickscrew for $550…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a pair of 11.5. Hoping the proto colorway is as good as everyone says.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:

Was definitely hoping for more colorful options

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, I don't know what Nike's strategy with the colors on this stuff. It's bizarre how long it takes them to build out a colorway lineup on their most high end shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are two basic marketing strategies, push and pull. Most of the world works on push marketing. For running shoes, produce lots of them in multiple colors and push them out to runners. Nike going all the way back to the first Jordan and the Agassi shoes has used a pull strategy. Limit everything at first. Pull the people in and leave them wanting for more.

Their pull marking on the Alpha Fly 3 is worth and entire college course on the subject. Kipchoge wore them in Berlin. Kiptum and Hassan had them on the Chicago. In Chicago and NYC they seeded club members with the shoes and let social media take over. Then they began seeding the shoe reviewers. Finally, they showed up at the running event which has become a big marketing tool for the brands and the running influencers. They were able to tell their story about the shoe in their way. Nike doesn’t usually show at The Running Event. Finally they hyped a January 4th release and as most found out, sold out in only a couple of minutes.

You can bet there will be colors and more supply for Boston and London.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:

What difference does the color make?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next color way comes out 4/4. Not a lot of time for delivery and a few runs in before Boston or London.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously. I'm more interested if people are still getting hot spots in the arch. The 1's and 2's were a no go for me because of that.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Seriously. I'm more interested if people are still getting hot spots in the arch. The 1's and 2's were a no go for me because of that.

I was able to get a pair (at the fourth place I tried), but I have this problem with the Alphafly 2 and cannot get over it with more miles in the shoes. Hopefully 3 is different, but the good news is the Vaporfly is also quite good and easily available.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:

my n=1, but I'm someone with zero arch in my feet, so the arch feels very weird in the 1s and 2s, and yes, will blister if I just save the shoes for race day or similar. But if I train and race with the shoe, I think the arch flattens out enough and my skin seems to adjust enough that it's totally not a problem by race day. Yes, I end up doing almost all my runs in the AF but they seem to hold up well at least at my weight - my AF1 is hitting like 350 miles and still feels way more springy than the non CF-plated shoes.

And I hate to admit it too but I also like the AF1 more than than AF2. Thought I'd like the AF2 better but after a few races and runs in it, I was thinking "weird - doesn't feel as poppy and exciting as AF1" - turns out most online reviewers felt exactly the same way.

Am def looking forward to AF3, which seems to be loved by all reviewers as bringing back the snap and pop of AF1. And I'm still going to train in my AF1 for quite awhile - its nowhere near it's end of use - I'd even race in it right now if I had to!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Th4ddy wrote:

I was able to get a pair (at the fourth place I tried), but I have this problem with the Alphafly 2 and cannot get over it with more miles in the shoes. Hopefully 3 is different, but the good news is the Vaporfly is also quite good and easily available.

Yeah the Vaporfly will be my next option if I'm able to try on the Alphafly 3's and they don't seem like an option. I've raced in and liked the Hoka's but want something a bit faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What places have you tried and where did you succeed?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:
What places have you tried and where did you succeed?

I tried Nike.com, heartbreak.run, and Running Warehouse. Ultimately got them at Dick’s. This was about 15-20min after they “dropped”, so my guess is this was a pretty limited release. Surprised to hear that there won’t be more before 4/4, seems too close to Boston and London for people to get them and try them out pre-race.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Yeah, kind of bummed that I didn't think of trying places other than Nike.com, sounds like I could've managed it since I was trying within a minute of the drop.
Gathering intel so I can try getting a pair on 4/4 and hope to get it in time before Boston...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually the prototype colors are the hardest to get. Once a new color comes out, it gets easier and is usually accompanied by other colors too. I've never been able to score a prototype colorway but never had an issues once the new color comes out.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you have tried it but adding an insole makes a massive difference. I have arch issues and returned v1 2 times before reading about putting an insole in. And that solved problem 100%. Ran 2 marathons with them and no issues at all. Got v3 yesterday and tried them on and did not notice an arch issue for me. With v1 I could immediately feel the arch hitting the foot so glad v3 seem to be different.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to know. The V1's were an instant no-go for me. I could tell running to the mailbox down the street that they would destroy my arch. I wasn't able to get a pair of the V3's so I picked up a pair of Vaporfly 3's in the meantime. Are the insoles glued in? I've read about people replacing them altogether, is that what you did?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An insole in Vaporfly? Might be just me, but I am already maxing out the upper with the existing paper-thin insole. Putting in anything thicker or more structured, would block bloodflow to my feet - or worse.... what insoles are you using?

jrielley wrote:
Not sure if you have tried it but adding an insole makes a massive difference. I have arch issues and returned v1 2 times before reading about putting an insole in. And that solved problem 100%. Ran 2 marathons with them and no issues at all. Got v3 yesterday and tried them on and did not notice an arch issue for me. With v1 I could immediately feel the arch hitting the foot so glad v3 seem to be different.
Quote Reply
Re: [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got two pairs of M8.5. One from the app. Took 10 seconds to buy right at 9am CST. You have to be ready with Apple pay. Notification came out like 11 min later. Don’t count on it in the future. Got another pair from A runner’s mind online store in San Fransisco. I didn’t have to pay tax and shipping but paid shipping when I bought from Nike App. Next color way is ugly green color and that’s on 4/4. I will use these two pairs throughout the year and possibly next year too. I’m trying to buy Mizuno Wave Rebellion Pro 2 and that’s another sold out shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the I tried to take the insoles out of one of the v1 I ended up returning. It was a bit annoying since I would have had to use a hair dryer to get the insole glue to melt then take them out. So I scrapped that idea. I ended up putting a pair of my endorphin pro insoles on top of the insoles in v1 since I wasn't filling up the shoe so the extra thickness was not an issue for me. I will see if I need to add another insole to these and if I need one I will try to keep original insole in just because I do not want to deal with taking it out.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone score some Alphafly 3s [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up using endorphin pro insoles and just put them on top of the insoles in the alphas. Hoping I dont have to do it for this version but time will tell. I am lucky that I had extra space since the v1 toe box had room for my feet. With the initial try on the v3 seem to not have as much room but I honestly cannot be sure since they were on with thicker socks and just for a few seconds. But they felt good!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the upcoming colorway dropping on 4/4, volt is my favorite shoe color. Unfortunately my target race is 2/3. Don’t understand the 3 month lag time in between drops. People are gonna buy the shoes regardless, no need to manufacture hype.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If by "score" you mean pay over retail for a pair on StockX, yes.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply

Prev Next