Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone riding a Santa Cruz Roadster?
Quote | Reply
Is anyone using the Santa Cruz roadster set up as a TT bike? I ask because the frame looks pretty aero, and was thinking about buying it for next season. Does setting up the bike with the forward position affect handling dramatically with this bike? How does its ride compare, with say, a Cervelo P2k? Thanks.

-"Bottom line, it's the Hunter, not the arrow. Ride what you want."

http://fulltriathlonracing.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone riding a Santa Cruz Roadster? [JohnIV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, used on for TT all this year. Very nice frame, very aero. My only gripe is that my front derailleur tab is just a bit off, and I have to compensate with a little shim to align my front derailleur properly.

anyway, stripped it down to bare metal (well almost) last week to repaint it after screwing up the paint after dropping my chain.

then I found out about the Abici Time Machine. the stripping/repainting process abruptly stopped and now I'm waiting on my new Abici, which is even more aero than the Santa Cruz.

- gary
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone riding a Santa Cruz Roadster? [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode my friends santa cruz for 10 miles after a race. My impressions were that it handled well, was stiff, when you jump on the pedals off you go, was a bit harsher than my bike as far as road feel and looked pretty aero. Of course a well fitting round tubed bike is faster than an ill fitting aero bike.
All in all I thought my friend made a good choice and he is happy. Put a carbon seatpost on it.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply