Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone own a Felt B2
Quote | Reply
I am looking at making quite a jump with my next bike purchase. I like the Felt B2, it retails for around $3600. I am looking for opinions out there on not only this model but also this manufacturer. I currently own a 2004 Cannondale Ironman 800. I would also entertain some direction on other comprable bikes. It just seems that you get a lot for the money in the FELT.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone own a Felt B2 [livelifeoutside] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No doubt about it, there is a lot of bang for the buck, and the frame is a reasonably solid, Taiwanese made frame out of good tubing with a nice fork. Good stuff.

Here's the (minor) catch: Will everything fit you? Also, if you are a member of the "only race tubulars" club (of which I claim honorary presidency) then you want your LBS to swap your clinchers for tubulars.

The chances that the stem length, bar width and adjustments will match what you want are pretty remote. We've sold quite a fair number of B2'sa and only two that I remember have gone out with the stock front ends. The others we replaced the Profile bars with Visiontech clip-ons and aerobars with a traditional stem for sizing purposes.

It is very important to negotiate these changes in advance with your dealer so everyone is on the same sheet of music. A good LBS should be fully open to resonable swaps/credits since the Profile one piece bar is fully saleable.

It's the classic thing, if it and all its attendant parts fit you, it is a nice bike. If not, look elsewhere.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply