Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone make a jump from Specialized Transition to Trek Speed Concept?
Quote | Reply
I have an older 08 transition that I like, but I have an opportunity to pick up my dream bike (well the 7.5 version) for an amazing price. Brand new, from a shop, 11 spd ultegra.

Anyone unhappy with that decision? Is the bike as good as you thought? Does the trek ride smoother, climb better/same/worse etc.
-I am currently in the process of updating my wheels-I want a 90 rear, and I will go with the flo or hed most likely. How easy is it to change out the training wheels with the race wider wheels? I know it is going to be a hassle somewhat with the transition (rear brake). How are the brakes to deal with for the trek.
-Is the bike easy to travel with, or a pain in the arse...

The bike I have is functional and much better than my previous kuota kalibur, cervelo p2. I am pretty sure the stack and reach are similar. I like the sleekness of the bike, color scheme, the fact it has 2 water bottle spots, the container on the back to hold tubes etc.

I really like my bike (specialized) and have always wanted this bike. Now that I can get it I am having second thoughts. Help persuade me either way...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone make a jump from Specialized Transition to Trek Speed Concept? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a direct answer as I've never ridden a Transition BUT.... the Speed Concept is one hell of a bike especially for long-course. It's arguably the fastest bike available, well made, well thought out, with storage integration only rivaled by the Specialized Shiv and, perhaps, the new Scott Plasma.

Ride? That mostly comes down to tire pressure. Fames can have some dampening effect but, IMO, 90%+ of your bike's "suspension" will come from its tires.
Climb? Uh, it's hella stiff and fairly light considering.
Wheels: do yourself a favor and get training wheels the same width as your race wheels.... or just train on your race wheels. Brake adjustment is a PITA. Better than the prior generation but still a far-cry from conventional brakes.
Travel: it's doable but it takes me about 30mins to brake down and reassemble my front end when I travel (Sciccon Aero hard case).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone make a jump from Specialized Transition to Trek Speed Concept? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, thanks. I am probably going to travel to pick it up this weekend. I am nervous...I actually finally have a bike I really like (transition) and just bought a powermeter for it. Now I will need to send it back and get a new one. My wife is supportive, but I kinda feel bad about dropping so much coin.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone make a jump from Specialized Transition to Trek Speed Concept? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone else?
Quote Reply