Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have experience with POSE method?
Quote | Reply
I've developed shin splints and I'm getting desperate to get back to running. Has anyone had shin splints and turned to this pose method with any success? I would appreciate any feedback good or bad.

/David
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with POSE method? [DavidinMA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave--If you search "pose" under search posts you will find a bunch of stuff--varied opinions stubbornly defended. I think many of the people who posted on those threads are worn out from the discussion, but there are a lot of new posters here, and maybe the flames can be fanned (or the fans can be flamed).
Last edited by: Monk: Mar 12, 05 9:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let your shins heal while you focus on cycling and swimming.

POSE is just a gimmick to trick people into thinking they can run that much faster by changing their running form. Sure it has some good ideas (don't heel strike - duh), but have you ever seen a world class runner running with a 'POSE' form? Didn't think so.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with POSE method? [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any feelings for or against POSE, but I believe Hunter Kemper uses it. He may not be a world class runner in some people's eyes, but anyone who runs a 31 min 10k in Athens is a damn fast runner in my book.

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's twice today, freestyle... Pose is NOT a gimmick, but just another method of teaching folks better running style. I don't like it myself...there are other ways that I find more effective. But just like Total Immersion swim techniques...if it helps folks become better runners I can't argue. And I have two close friends who it HAS helped become better, more natural runners. It may be a bit cheesy...charging $$ for a DVD or book to learn run (at least to those of us blessed with good form already)...but it isn't without merit.

Just a question...On what do you base your judgement that POSE is a gimmick? Personal trial of the product? Personal knowledge of the product in use via direct observation? Or on the flame-laden threads appearing on Slowtitch and other boards?

Like I said, I don't personally like the teaching technique in POSE (based on direct use and observation). But I also don't like things like the Titanflex frame concept...but I'd hardly call it a gimmick...It'd be hard to argue with its performance under such folks as Molina.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with POSE method? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if it is the same thing or not but some friends of mine are currently reading the book on "Chi running" and have positive things to say about it, from what they tell me the concepts are similar to the Pose method.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with POSE method? [JP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read somewhere once that Danny Reyer the creator of the Chi method of running attended a pose method clinic before he wrote his book.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
POSE is not a gimmick. But use it with caution. Takes a long time to get the technic down and also develop the style that works best for you. It does work. However, with shin spints you have some injury going on and need to let that heal first before you go attempting altering your running style.

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"POSE is just a gimmick to trick people into thinking they can run that much faster by changing their running form."
- - NOT!! Pose is a coaching system that makes sense, because a HUGE percentage of self-coached recreational runners run so poorly (huge heel strike).

"have you ever seen a world class runner running with a 'POSE' form?"
- - Actually, I've never seen one who didn't.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply