Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have experience with Bontrager tubular tires?
Quote | Reply
I just got some Bontrager Race X Lite Pro tubulars and am hoping someone here has experience with them. They are rated at 290 tpi and have kevlar reinforced silica compounds (whatever that means). They are replacing some Tufo S3 Lite's.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Bontrager tubular tires? [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, I did the same replacement you did this year. I can't tell you a lot about the tires because I'm not really that experienced or techy. They do leak a lot more than the Tufos (due to the latex, I'm told). I've got 2 races on them without problems, whatever that's worth. I ride them at 160-180 psi, but don't know if that's too much or too little pressure. Maybe someone can address that here also. Hope that's not a hijack.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Bontrager tubular tires? [carboner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i used those tubular at AZ, that 15+180 km ride its all the experience i had with them. Having said that, they didnt seem to slow me down to much :D

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have experience with Bontrager tubular tires? [MobAlTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that are Vittoria tubies rebadged, which is no knock and Vittoria makes great tubulars.

160-180psi is way too high, a sidewall cut could cause a blowout and you actually go a little slower at high pressure because the bike bounces over the bumps instead of the tire deforming. I used to make that mistake years ago and when I started running road race type pressures I was more comfortalel and faster.

I would suggest 110-130 depending on your weight. At 140lb I run 110 psi.

KR
Quote Reply