Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have Tyr Hurricane 5 or 3? Sizing?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the Tyr Hurricane 3 or 5 is true to their sizing? Also, anyone know if they are that much different? Are they both very flexible the shoulders?

Thank you,

Chris

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Tyr Hurricane 5 or 3? Sizing? [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a TYR Cat 5.

I am 5"11 and 150lbs so I fit right in a S/M. I find it a bit tight around the back but I have not swum in the water with it, and once in the water it should feel looser. In regards to shoulder flexibility I felt like there was no restriction, this is a top of the line suit after all. The Cat3 has one level lower Neoprene, but still has all the other features of teh cat 5

Quote | Reply
I have a TYR Hurricane C5. The only difference between the C3 and C5 is the level of Yamamoto rubber used. The C3 used Y38 and Y39 while the C5 uses Y39 and Y40. Maybe the C5 is a touch more flexible. I absolutly love love mine. As far as sizing I know they are supposed to be true to size but....at 6'2" 185 I'm supposed to be a Large (allthough at the upper end of the Large) and an XLarge fits so much better. So I'd say if you are on the upper limit of a size range go up.

Check out the company I work for. www.KompetitiveEdge.com We have a full run of suits in stock as well as some pretty good deals going on since it's the end of the season.

Cheers
Todd
www.tyr.com
www.kompetitiveedge.com

In Reply To:
Anyone know if the Tyr Hurricane 3 or 5 is true to their sizing? Also, anyone know if they are that much different? Are they both very flexible the shoulders?

Thank you,

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Tyr Hurricane 5 or 3? Sizing? [TriChris14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Thank you,

Chris

I am just under 6'0" and weigh 178. I used a M/L. The medium was too small.

I have never used the Cat 3, so cannot comment on the flexibility. That Cat 5 is the best suit I have ever owned. It is extremely flexible in the shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Tyr Hurricane 5 or 3? Sizing? [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 5'10" 175 and a M/L fits me great. I have broader shoulders and the only place I felt that it was a little snug was in the shoulders.....but I think that is expected for me in all wetsuits.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Tyr Hurricane 5 or 3? Sizing? [hoganzalley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I might be getting the hurricane 3 this year. Any news if TYR fixed the panel issues yet?
Quote Reply