Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have Ramus Saddle Long term (or short term reviews)?
Quote | Reply
TL: DR looking for the good and bad on the Ramus saddle durability, comfort, etc. Bonus if you cover which size and padding thickness and what saddle you came from before choosing the Ramus.

I have been absolutely struggling with perineal pain while riding anything more than an hour. I did a handful of half IM events and a full IM event in 2023.

Ive tried approximately 20 saddles some for many many miles some that were immediately too painful to consider putting milage on. I had been struggling with chafing really bad on either side of the area where the testicles meet the groin both on the testes themselves as well as the inside of the legs right there.

The saddle that has sucked the least is the ISM PN 3.1 but I still experience perennial pain to the point where it's painful to urinate post race.

I've been to 3 different places for saddle fittings and demos and 2 different places for extensive bike fitting.

I've pretty much run out of options and there's nowhere in the US that demos the Ramus.
I'm hoping it's the panacea for all my troubles or at least a significant improvement. However, I'm hoping for some more recent reviews than I can find on the forum before dropping that kind of coin on a saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Ramus Saddle Long term (or short term reviews)? [No Grit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Grit wrote:
TL: DR looking for the good and bad on the Ramus saddle durability, comfort, etc. Bonus if you cover which size and padding thickness and what saddle you came from before choosing the Ramus.

I have been absolutely struggling with perineal pain while riding anything more than an hour. I did a handful of half IM events and a full IM event in 2023.

Ive tried approximately 20 saddles some for many many miles some that were immediately too painful to consider putting milage on. I had been struggling with chafing really bad on either side of the area where the testicles meet the groin both on the testes themselves as well as the inside of the legs right there.

The saddle that has sucked the least is the ISM PN 3.1 but I still experience perennial pain to the point where it's painful to urinate post race.

I've been to 3 different places for saddle fittings and demos and 2 different places for extensive bike fitting.

I've pretty much run out of options and there's nowhere in the US that demos the Ramus.
I'm hoping it's the panacea for all my troubles or at least a significant improvement. However, I'm hoping for some more recent reviews than I can find on the forum before dropping that kind of coin on a saddle.

We have them in all sizes and nose width in our fit studio.
They are great, maybe on the firm side but the riders I put them on also love them.
But they chose them during their bike fit or saddle fit.

Most chosen model is with the narrower nose. If you ride with really x-legged legs they might still rub.
With your perineal pain and you can handle a firmer saddle feel on the sit bones this might be great option next to the BiSaddle SRT2.0.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Ramus Saddle Long term (or short term reviews)? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, thank you for the rapid reply. I so wish there was a demo shop on the left side of the pond, alas nothing yet

I tried and rode the bi saddle for my first 70.3 and it just wasn't quite what I was looking for. You mentioned firmness. I noticed it was available in 7, 9, 15 mm padding. I'm familiar with sit bone pain from riding MTB but the pain usually goes away by the 3rd ride of the season.

Any ideas what padding from Ramus might be equivalent to the ISM PN 3.1? It's reasonably comfortable padding wise in both the aero position and when taking breaks sitting up on the bike. I figured I could also pick a different tri suit with thicker or thinner padding if I'm not happy with what's on the Ramus.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Ramus Saddle Long term (or short term reviews)? [No Grit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using a Ramus on my road bike for about 2.5 years now (Selle Italia Well as the previous saddle for ~2 years) and it has solved many of my discomfort problems from perineal pressure to chafing on the inner thighs. I can also sit for an entire 90 minute indoor workout and not have to stand every 5-10 minutes like I used to have to do. Outdoors the saddle just feels good.

I have the Ramus 135mm with the thicker padding. It's a tiny saddle but it supports in the right area for me. I do experience a little soreness in my sit bone area if I don't use the saddle for a few weeks when riding a different bike. The soreness goes away quickly.

My only con with this saddle are the tabs in the front of the seat where the pads attach. I broke both of those tabs when I was careless in pulling the bike out of my trunk.The broken tabs haven't made the saddle any different comfort-wise, nor are the pads any less secure. I think it's just cosmetic.

It's a pricey saddle and I went in blind and got lucky.
Last edited by: Garagelab: Jan 4, 24 17:21
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Ramus Saddle Long term (or short term reviews)? [Garagelab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@garagelab what thickness pads are you using. And if not too personal what's your height/weight/body type? If the latter is too personal no worries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe I have the soft 9mm pads...I can't seem to find the exact pads on my invoice. I'm 6'2" and about 183lbs with a body type between endo and meso, generally speaking. I carry my extra weight around the belly.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have Ramus Saddle Long term (or short term reviews)? [Garagelab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a message
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent a PM. I have a bunch of photos I can forward of the saddle dimensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im same as you. PN3.1 sucked the least for me over many years of trial/error. I tried every Dash, a Cobb, a bunch of ISM, and a few others.

Now I'm on a Ramus with 9mm soft pad, which is actually still quite firm.

I bought the saddle 2.5 years ago and it's still my favorite tri saddle. Original pads look nearly new and I'm on the saddle 3x per week.

Can't recommend this saddle enough.
Quote Reply