Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone had issues with their Forerunner 201?
Quote | Reply
Got mine for Christmas - great little tool. After my 3rd run, I can't turn the thing on. The screen is all black and the sattelite flashes. I've contacted Garmin, they gave me something to try, but it didn't work. Waiting to hear what the next step is.

Anyone have issues with their's or did I possibly get a lemon?

Anyone know how well they take care of their customers? I suppose I'll find out soon enough. Thanks.

--------
"When you stop trading time for money, and spending money to eat up time, you opt out of a perpetual cycle that is keeping you basically imprisoned in a corporate system."
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had issues with their Forerunner 201? [marmentrout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for over a year, and have never had a problem at all. Sorry to hear about yours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for a year. No issues until last weekend. Went on a ride. Turned it on, and I got the bar showing signal strength and some text that said "locating..." It noever stopped locating, event though the signal strength bar indicated a very strong signal.

Haven't tried yet to figure out what's wrong.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you might try joining the garmin yahoo group (http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/GarminF/) and asking over there. They seem to be able to answer pretty much any question regarding garmins.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had mine for about 10 months with no problems. Last month it went wacky, I called Gramin tech support and they were great. Gave me something to try , when that didn't work, they told me to send it in for a replacement. I was worried that I would loose all the runs that were stored in it, but they transferred them over to the new watch! It only took a little over a week to get the watch back.

In my dealings, Garmin has great customer service!

And I second joining the Yahoo! group.

-Jason
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had it for well over a year. On a couple of occasions I have had to turn it off and back on again (screen freezes etc.). Other than that it is a great tool and I love it. Unfortunately I do alot of my runs in forests with tall trees so I cannot hold a signal. But when I come back on the road it will display my pace again (although my distance will be wrong). I love the large display - sometimes I wear it knowing that I will not be able to get a signal but I will get a great large display.

Quote | Reply
Need to do a " hard reset" on it. Believe you hold the mode and on button down at the same time. If that is incorrect soultion sure someone will clear it up the proper reset method. Should clear the problem up,.

There is a good review on Amazon that specifically adresses your problem. Check it out as well.

Also as someone mentioned the Yahoo group has a lot of good ino.

fal7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only issue I've had with mine, is that the little bastard lies. I'm sure I'm quicker than it reckons I am.

J.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had issues with their Forerunner 201? [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the responses. Tech support had me do the hard reset, but no joy. So now they're having me send it back for repair/replacement. I hope my turnaround is like Jason in DSM.

--------
"When you stop trading time for money, and spending money to eat up time, you opt out of a perpetual cycle that is keeping you basically imprisoned in a corporate system."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't think someones signature should be longer than their original post ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had issues with their Forerunner 201? [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. Didn't look that long when I edited the profile. It looks goofy. Ah asthetics!

--------
Quote Reply