Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone familiar w/ Koobi saddles?
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone familiar w/ Koobi saddles? [triterp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have two: Tri and Au Enduro. They work for me. I would judge them middle-of-the-road between cushy and austere, but that's pretty subjective depending on how you pin the two ends of the scale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about familiar, but I do ride one (did iron training on it so have put some good distance on it). Had tried several ISM/Adamo saddles before that (and just about everything else except Cobb before that) but the Koobi seems to have a narrower, yet still ideally mid-cushy nose (I'd agree with mid-range as above) and a split saddle, so that works best for me.

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Koobi works great for me on my mountain bikes and road bike, not so much on tri bike, i ride a cobb max
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone familiar w/ Koobi saddles? [YO mortaaay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koobi has run alot of ads in the Tri mags lately and they've caught my attention too, comparing their narrower nose width to the ISM Adamo. I've been on the ISM Adamo race for the last 2 seasons and while its great for eliminating the perineal pressure, I get saddle sores on EVERY ride over 1 hr. The friction/rubbing is bad. I raced an Oly tri on the Adamo yesterday, bike split 58mins (23 miles), and today I have a huge swollen saddle sore. Koobi's ads say less friction with the narrower nose. So, I am thinking to try one. Also have always wanted to try Cobb's V FLow Max. Might give both of these a spin. It would be awesome to have no perineal pressure AND no friction/saddle sores down there.
Last edited by: obsessed: Apr 15, 12 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone familiar w/ Koobi saddles? [obsessed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+100000000000

I am in total agreement with you. I am really tired of numbness but I find that only hurts for a bit after a ride, I know long term it's not good but still it doesnt hurt the next day.

I have found the saddle sores to be worse than the numbness. I went all last summer with having some degree of saddle sores and some so irritated that I had to "take care of them". I also have seen the ads they are running and I know the cutout looks a little smaller but the width looks a lot narrower.

I am running the new Bontrager TT saddle and going to ride it some more then decide to try a Koobi if it doesn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone familiar w/ Koobi saddles? [simpy16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Koobi advertising is a little misleading though. The overlay of their saddle over the Adamo is not appropriately positioned, as the Adamo is much shorter, an designed not to be nose ridden saddle. I like the Fizik Arione TT - but longer rides than 60 miles, I prefer my ol' reliable Profile design for the cushioning.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone familiar w/ Koobi saddles? [obsessed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried the v flow max but returned it after about 100 miles, could never find the sweet spot. I'm giving serious thought of trying the adamo prologue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been riding Koobi for a few years, but have developed unresolving saddle sore issues. I just switched to Adamo Prologue, rode 70 miles on my first ride, and my sore is quiet. Perhaps it will finally even heal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Koobi saddles on my road/tri, cross and dedicated trainer bikes for the past 10 years or so. I won 2 of them in local CO races. I've never had a numbness issue on any of them. I believe I have the older Au model on my trainer (more padding), the enduro on the cross bike and the gel model on my road/tri bike.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply