Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D you cracked me up AGAIN!!!

I've pretty much come to the conclusion that after 40 years I'm NOT a tiny person. I care way less about my weight and more about my health and fitness. This year I'm trying to stay at my race weight by making smarter choices. I know my pitfalls and I'm trying to avoid them. For example tomorrow my staff is having a "potluck" luncheon. For most of my staff that entails running to the nearest Costco or M&M shop to purchase the most chemical filled, fat laden item. I end up over eating on the junk, and then I feel like crap for the rest of the day. This year I'm just bringing my own lunch. I'll eat with everyone and enjoy the "team building" but I'll only eat what I bring. Hopefully strategies like that will help me stay at my present weight.

My question is does anyone know how to make a belly that has been with me for a life time go away??

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am so in.... I am doing Silverman half in November so more reason to carry less weight around those hills.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [ADC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can men who have never posted in the women's join this or is it ladies only? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am soooo in!!!! (For Monday.. haha!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just gonna try to stay here at around 118 and NOT gain weight like last winter.

That and RIDE MY BIKE this winter so that I'm not starting at square 1 next season. Early race will help that I hope...at least help the motivation.

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in. I managed to lose about 12 lbs before IMWI. Now, I would like to lose about 8 lbs more and maintain. Those last 5 will be super hard to lose but I want to give it a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!!! I'm about 10 flabby big ones over where I would like to be...

As for the starting on monday thing, the phrase "diet starts tomorrow" has become a running joke between my fiancee and I. That particular tomorrow hasn't really come for me in the past 3 years :-P I'm proud to say that I am down 15 from about a year ago, but I think that has more to do with having a severe GI disorder than anything. I'm going to miss 'having' to eat 3000-3500 calories a day just to maintain weight.

Anyway, at the rate I am getting better, I am halfway thinking about doing a half IM next spring. My PR was set when I was 10 very very toned and fit pounds less than my current blob of a self, and I would love to have some extra motivation to get back there!!! Yay for the Womens :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I'd like to join in on this.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me in as well. Was 10 lbs. heavier then I wanted to be for IMWI and want to slim down before IMCDA next June.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
count me in! I was 4-5 lbs heavy for IMC and didn't like that.

BTW, how was your day up there? We met briefly at the Gatorade swim on Friday morning.
My day wasn't as planned...a late finish (but an official finish, nonetheless!).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in!

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too, me too! (for Monday) I want to look cute in my new uniform! ;-)

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'm in, but I am doing IMAZ. I need all the help I can get during taper time. I always seem to gain 4-5lbs right before the race. Then I feel like the fat kid on the team!! This is perfect timing!

http://www.ironmom141.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [Ironmom141] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There seems to be a good group here already. I am really looking forward to it. Never really done it in a group etc but this should really work for me. No cheating or denying that cake is bad for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I need to lose those 5 lbs that crept up on me during IM training, and then another 10 or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am torn. IRL I look fine, everyone thinks I am tiny....(I am not). Then I see my race pics and I look like a heifer! Of course I would be faster if I dropped 10-12....
on the other hand that means some deprivation.....

I have races through mid october but after that I should get in on this.....

should being the operative word.

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [FeS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So glad to see everyone involved! Great start womens!!!
I'm just getting together what I think is a GREAT platform for all of us to share our goals and stories of working toward our goals. I think it will be the easiest and most convenient way, and it will be private so just those of us involved can see it and be a part of it. If everyone can PM me with their e-mail address so I can send you an "invite" to add you to the locale that would be great. Here's the list of names/users I have participating thus far (some of you I will need your real name too, first name only!):
  • (ADC)
  • (bt)
  • (FeS)
  • (GettingBetter)
  • (Honey)
  • (Ironmom141)
  • (lmnilson)
  • (southerngal)
  • Cathy (trackie clm)
  • Deanna (instigator)
  • Deirdre (cuds)
  • Erin (QRgirl)
  • Jen (jenhs)
  • Leland (Leloo)
  • Leslie (leslieW)
  • Lindsay (lwalsh)
  • Lindsay (swimlinz)
  • Michelle (mdraegernyc)
  • Mindy (minniepearl)
  • Sally (SallyShortyPnts)
Looks like a great group! As people want to join we can add you to the list. Let me know if I missed you!!!

Quote | Reply
I'm in- I love to bake in the winter, especially around the holidays! It's taken me 9 months to drop 10 lbs this year and I really want to keep it off over the winter and lose another 10 lbs over the next year. I'll be weighing in Monday morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pm on its way....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in too. I still have AmZof in a few weeks, but I want to get started now. I'll PM you so I can get added.

If I have a vote, then I think we should include any guys who want to participate too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to play too!

I have 2 races left, the Muskoka 70.3 this Sunday and a Half marathon on Oct 5th.

I have ~20 pounds to go. having already lost 25 was great fun, just have some more squishyness to lose :)

Sadly, I had that much to lose! And more. sigh.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [atl_tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can men who have never posted in the women's join this or is it ladies only? :)

I'd vote to let anyone who wants in, in.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just thinking about this, and I do actually own a scale. It's just useless for this application as it's a gram scale. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else trying to lose some lbs this winter? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Umm...and what exactly are you weighing in grams??? Should I be reporting you to the authorities?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next