Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason?
Quote | Reply
Maybe this should be in the cry like biatch thread, but, I am fat and I like ice cream

Ask me how much I love my Kiwami LD Aero Trisuit
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh thank goodness that it’s not just me! My excuse is winter is coming ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [Leavitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
raises hand....

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did last year. Halloween candy is my kryptonite.

Don't want to do that again this year.

Swimming like a fish. Running.... And biking.

What off season?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the first time in my life (at 53) I managed to gain 10 lbs in less than a month. I have to go back on the 15 hrs per week training program. 10 hrs per week and I guess I am doomed. On my birthday at end of Oct I was 141 lbs and hit an all time high of 152 lbs this weekend. I can't recall ever being over 145lbs in my life other than a month or so in 2008.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did, but it was on purpose. I had dropped too much weight leading up to my A race. Gaining it back and focussing on some strength training and also riding/running 3-4 days a week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leavitt wrote:
Maybe this should be in the cry like biatch thread, but, I am fat and I like ice cream

Why Wait till the off season?

Not an ice cream fan so much, but I really like bread in a hopped liquid form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only 10? If I get after it I can go 10 a week

Superfly Coaching
http://www.superflycoaching.com/eric

IL PIRATA VI GUARDA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually go up around 10-15lbs over 2 months then start the cycle over again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. It's killing me but my weight will fluctuate typically 5 pounds a week. I just weighed myself after swim practice tonight and bam...18 fucking 7. I don't understand why my body hates me and selfdestructs the minute I relax my workout load. I didn't even quit and it wants me to turn into a fat sack of shit. I'm going to go out tomorrow and do a double just to punish it.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
Yes. It's killing me but my weight will fluctuate typically 5 pounds a week. I just weighed myself after swim practice tonight and bam...18 fucking 7. I don't understand why my body hates me and selfdestructs the minute I relax my workout load. I didn't even quit and it wants me to turn into a fat sack of shit. I'm going to go out tomorrow and do a double just to punish it.

Now we're talking!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10+? No, but 10+++? Maybe.....

Munq
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Off season?

Leavitt wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
For the first time in my life (at 53) I managed to gain 10 lbs in less than a month. I have to go back on the 15 hrs per week training program. 10 hrs per week and I guess I am doomed. On my birthday at end of Oct I was 141 lbs and hit an all time high of 152 lbs this weekend. I can't recall ever being over 145lbs in my life other than a month or so in 2008.

I remember the one time I was 145lbs. 6th grade was awesome.

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [Vincible] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My offseason is going on about 6 years now.
Fat, drunk and stupid is now way to go through life. Wait.... yes. Yes it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can easily get 6-8lbs after a weekend off the bike and 2 nights of budlight
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been crying about my weight gain this fall. It seems to happen after every race season. Two years ago, after a long difficult season I put on 10 pounds within a week of my last race in August! Right now I’m up about 6 pounds and it’s really screwing with me.
Last edited by: mwanner13: Nov 20, 18 4:51
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weigh yourself after you pee, it’ll help :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since IMChoo, I am up from 137lbs to 143 lbs. Ive been eating healthy and not cheating, but doing less work. I also started strength training 5 days a week along with 35 miles of running per week.

Mentally, it is killing me to see the scale at that weight. Its been a few years since I have weighed that much. Just started cycling again this week, but kept running 35 miles per week and still gained the weight. I cant explain it.

I decided this week was going to restart my "exercise as a purge" routine and start "training" 15 hours a week.

... I'm F'd in the head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure did, Not sure how long it took though. My off-season started in July due to a bike crash causing a shoulder injury. I maybe took a bit longer off than needed, and am just getting back into training.

Amazing how much running or even trying to bike with 1 arm on the trainer affects the AC Joint, and all the impact damage to the muscles.
Last edited by: tyme: Nov 20, 18 4:56
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [Spartan420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strength = muscle = weight

There's a difference between ice cream weight and muscle weight!

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else put on 10+ lbs 4-5 weeks into their offseason? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Dev, it sounds like we are on the same weight gain plan. I'm normally 142ish - I weighed myself last week at 154! I haven't been that heavy in more than a decade. I'm getting down to business this week to try and turn this around - I can't afford to buy new work cloths!

God d*mn I love me some Halloween candy! That stuff is deadly! Hoping some off-season Jiu Jitsu and (slightly) lighter training load will help me in my never ending fight against the dreaded scale! PS... I hate you skinny guys... and boy oh boy is jealousy an ugly thing!

In search of the righteous life... we all fall down
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can put on 10 lbs in a weekend...so, 10lbs in 4-5 weeks sounds like you're doing some strength training?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did... last race was late September and I went on vacation. Lots of good craft beer, pizza, etc. and planned on getting somewhat active after. I sprained my ankle mowing my lawn somehow and ended up on scale while getting the ankle checked... 10+lbs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next