Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Anyone else been knockdown by Moderna booster?
Quote | Reply
After 1st and 2nd shots of Moderna vaccine I had the arm sore for 2 days and that was it. Yesterday I went for the 3rd shot and again the arm was sore within 1h. Everything was ok and I went to bed as usual. Soon some mild shivering started and disappeared fast so i fell asleep. After some time I woke up in the middle of the night thirsty and I went to the kitchen. I was dizzy going to the kitchen but I have no issues in drinking a glass of water. On my way back the dizziness is and I was no longer able to stay on my feet. The next thing I remember was lying on the floor near the bedroom door.
I was able to get up and check my body temperature. It was 36 degree celsius. This happened around 12h after the shot.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else been knockdown by Moderna booster? [nav|gator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you are feeling better.

I was felt after first Moderna but noticed an impact on my HR during running the first few days so I stopped running for a few days, knocked down with fever and aches after the second but felt nothing during training, and didn't skip a beat with the booster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was fine after having a Modern a booster.

Some of the latest thinking is that it's not actually the vaccine per say that makes you feel bad. It's that you have something else going on in the body / immune system which may not present itself. Then the vaccine on top creates a bigger immune response.

As I say just thinking, rather than actual fact.

After my first vaccine I felt sh1t for a couple of days, but staright back to it after those couple of days. The other two no noticeable effects other than a sore arm.

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife was in bed for two days after a Moderna booster. After some research it seems that 10-15% of people react in such way to the booster with “whole of body” reactions - especially when getting the Moderna shot after x2 Pfizer. I had the booster a week after her and had a sore arm and just felt a bit off colour for approx 24hrs.

Got to say though would rather have the “minority reaction” my wife had than get covid in even a mild form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I felt fatigued after my booster the next day. It was not bad enough that I missed work. I was fatigued for the weekend after the first and second vaccination and it was good think I had it on a Friday. I rode my bike then it seems like the 24 hour mark after the vaccination is when I became a couch potato the rest of the weekend. Was fine again by Monday morning and went into the office. All three of mine vaccinations were Moderna.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else been knockdown by Moderna booster? [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had covid and had chills and muscle soreness for a couple of days. Other than losing my sense of smell and taste for about 3 days I bounced right back to cycling and running. I see no reason to get the booster now that my natural immunity is 6 times better per the CDC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think many people experience some discomfort after the Moderna booster, and even after the second shot. Lasts a few hours to a day, then dissipates. Not a big deal. As mentioned by stonerider, if you had the virus there is really no need to get the booster as your immune system will be much stronger and any further piling on, so to speak, might not be good for your system. Keep things simple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had my 3rd Moderna Friday afternoon with zero issues, even my arm did not get sore!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had all three Moderna and all three knocked me out for about 24 hours, usually hitting about 12 hours after the shot. No energy, fever, and sore arm. Not looking forward to #4 should it come to that.

ETA: Really want to have some fun? Get the shingle vaccine interspersed with with the first two COVID shots.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Jan 24, 22 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else been knockdown by Moderna booster? [stonerider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stonerider wrote:
I had covid and had chills and muscle soreness for a couple of days. Other than losing my sense of smell and taste for about 3 days I bounced right back to cycling and running. I see no reason to get the booster now that my natural immunity is 6 times better per the CDC.
Same and the whole house got it... mixture of boostered, 2 vax's and unvaccinated.

I digress the booster can and does really hit some people hard for a 2-3 day time period. I work for a healthcare orginatization and they advise us to get the shot before a couple of scheduled days off work just in case... we're understaffed as is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know two people hit this way by it. Apparently some people are more likely to have a whole body reaction to it according to one of them, both are now fine after resting etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triple Moderna. Nothing after first. One sorta bad day after the 2nd. Nothing after the booster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moderna 1 - Zero side effects.
Moderna 2 - Felt totally fine. ~12h after the shot, I got soooo tired. Slept for ~15h, after which I was back to normal.
Moderna 3 booster - Again felt totally fine. ~12h after the shot, tired again. Slept for 12h, and again, back to normal.

I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else been knockdown by Moderna booster? [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:
Triple Moderna. Nothing after first. One sorta bad day after the 2nd. Nothing after the booster.

Same here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My n+1 experience.

1st shot: Astra-Zeneca. No issues.
2nd shot: Pfizer. Cut a run short the next day as I felt a little tired.
3rd shot: Moderna, just last week. Couldn't get out of bed the next day due to extreme fatigue. The next day I felt 100%, so it was mercifully short. Zero other issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone else been knockdown by Moderna booster? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
My n+1 experience.

1st shot: Astra-Zeneca. No issues.
2nd shot: Pfizer. Cut a run short the next day as I felt a little tired.
3rd shot: Moderna, just last week. Couldn't get out of bed the next day due to extreme fatigue. The next day I felt 100%, so it was mercifully short. Zero other issues.

I had the same vaccine schedule as you in the same order (Hurray for completing the set!) and had almost no issues with the Moderna. Pfizer knocked me out for a day's worth of training, but with Moderna it was nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm a pfizer guy. my wife's moderna. her experience:

1st shot: nothing
2nd shot: couple of rough days
3rd shot: nothing

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Moderna booster hit me about the same as the 2nd shot. I was about 7 months out when I got the booster.

I think the booster "felt" worse because I tried to live a normal day after my booster. T

The 2nd shot I knew I might feel like crap, so I planned for the day off, didn't work out - didn't work - just laid around all day and it was about ~30 hours after the shot that I felt back to normal, which coincidentally was when I went to bed - so when I woke up the next day I felt great.

With the booster, I was in the middle of big training for a race so I got up and swam in the morning after with some stupid thought that it might help my arm loosen up. With about 10 min left in my swim set I felt bad. I went downhill from then until about 24 hours after the shot - at which point I gave up and took some ibuprofen. I felt "OK" a few hours after that and then felt fine the next morning. I will say that because I was still training through -- I'm pretty sure I was only at about 90% for the next few days (my swim times on Sunday were definitely 5% slower about 4 days after the booster). But then the next week I was back to completely normal, minus my arm hurting for like 10 days!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After my second Moderna shot I had some light headedness and a mild fever that lasted less than a day.

I had absolutely no reaction to my Moderna booster. Could have been a placebo for all I know lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moderna, all 3. First two, my arm (deltoid) was quite sore, so much that I skipped a swim on those weeks. Received the booster a week ago today, and didn't miss a thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moderna 1st Shot: Absolutely terrible 2 days, which were worse than COVID itself (at least for me), which I had 5-6 months prior. Symptoms after shot included headache, fever, chills and vomiting. I never had fever or vomiting with actual COVID.

Moderna 2nd Shot: Headaches, fever and chills for 24 hours.

Pfizer Booster: Headaches, chills and fatigue for about 18 hours after the shot.

I am a believer in vaccines but I can absolutely say that my reactions to the vaccines were 100% worse than COVID itself. If we have to get boosted every year it's going to be hard for me to get motivated to do so.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flattened for a solid 5 days. This was after having Moderna for the 1st two. About 10 months between initial shots, booster. It hit me about a day or so later...totally miserable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All three of mine are Moderna. The 2nd knock me down, the booster just made me a little tired.

I currently have COVID, although showing zero symptoms and feel great. I would be more than happy to hop on my bike right now and ride, except I had the Big V surgery last Friday. So I'm a week off the bike.

Quote | Reply
Here is what I had:

Dose 1: Astra Zeneca - felt on the edge of a hangover the next day, never full blown fatigue or headache, but on the edge, for about 24hrs
Dose 2: Moderna - Sore deltoid, no other side effects
Booster: Moderna - Sore deltoid (although much less sore than the flu shot i got 3 weeks before it), nothing else

In all cases, I made sure I was well hydrated leading up to and following the vaccine, and that I did a hard workout earlier in the day, so that I could take it easy the next day or two if needed following the vaccine. But your mileage may vary, I've had staff and family members with minimal reactions similar to me, and some knocked on their asses for a day or two following, so it really does vary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had pfizer x2 and then moderna.
pfizer #1: nothing
pfizer #2: a little sleepy and low energy for 4 hours
moderna: puking, intense shivering, full body pains, fever, for 6 hours (started about 12 hours post shot)

It was intense but short. I went from feeling awful to fine in just a few hours.

Last edited by: sperris: Jan 26, 22 10:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next