Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone done Muddy Buddy?
Quote | Reply
I've trained, peaked, and raced for the season -- now what? Hmmm, this looks like fun?

http://www.muddybuddy.com/

----
Don't hold back
Last edited by: jtaylor1024: Aug 9, 05 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone done Muddy Buddy? [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple years ago. It would be a fun race, except you get all muddy. And at the Camp Pendleton race, it was stinky-poo mud. I've never understood the fascination with getting all muddy. What's so extreme about that?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone done Muddy Buddy? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, I didn't realize that mud was involved and I don't like to get muddy so I guess that one is out. lol. Although really, poo mud doesn't sound all that great.

What?! Think of how studly you would look wearing the T-Shirt in all kinds of non-triathlon settings for crying out loud? What's more extreme than muddy buddy?

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this was featured in a runner's magazine a few years back (runner's world I think)...it got rave reviews, people love this race.

do it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to do one of those races, they look like so much fun. I've already planted the seed in my boyfriend's head, eventually he will either want to do it, or agree to just to shut me up. Either way I get to do it. I'm pretty sure you can't complain about mud at a muddy buddy, its not like they call it the Mr Clean and then make you finish in the mud.......kj

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife and I did it as a team during our joint 40th celebration in San Diego. It is a great event - the pic of us joined arm-in-arm crossing the finish line covered in mud sits in my office. Fly out to SD, rent a bike and do it. The public showers afterwards are an interesting side event ;-)

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone done Muddy Buddy? [GJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fly out to SD, rent a bike and do it.

Heck I don't even need to go that far... There is one in Boulder now.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it several years ago with a friend. Good times. Surprisingly difficult because it was so muddy. Had to hike-a-bike for alot of it, and the run was hilly and, you guess it, muddy. This was the one in VA--I say go for it--it was super fun.

"ah-hem...the time is yours."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the Austin one this past Sunday for the second time. It's a really fun event. You ride, run and do "obstacles." You WILL be covered in mud head to toe after the mud pit, but that's the end of the race so who cares. Check out some of the pix on their website to get an idea. Go for it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have done two - the last one held at Camp Pendleton and the one the next year in Temecula - we had a great time - I liked the Pendleton one better - this year the nearest one to SD is in Los Angeles area

I would recommend it if you do not mind the mud etc. Look for the Frogman too - he is one of the RD's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done Muddy Buddy 3 times and it has consistently been the most fun I've had racing. It's short, it's crazy, and it's a blast. If your "A" race is over, I'd say go for it.

Gary Mc

PS. It helps if your team has an ambiguously smutty name. Just don't try to use Team Dixie Normus, it's taken.

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply