Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone build their own halo bench?
Quote | Reply
Ive been doing my tubing exercises on my flat bench (used for weight training) and it looks like it would be pretty easy to duplicate the halo bench for what I need it for to work on the high elbow catch position with the swim tubes. Has anyone created a template or diy halo bench? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone build their own halo bench? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it was on here a while back when someone saying how they just placed a swiss ball at the front of the bench with pretty good results. You might have to mess around with the height of your bench though.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have not, but I would bet that the recommendation above of using a big-ball to lie on instead of a bench would work great for a cheaper option.

I use the full Vasa Erg, and think it's great, but I do think swim cords in the lying position (like on a ball) can help a ton as well with the technique of the EVF, which is not at all natural for most. The Vasa erg starts to excel if you use it like I do - I was using it up to 8-9hrs/week a few months ago, so it was worth it to me to have a solid device that really mimics the water. The stretch cords really have a big difference in strength required at the front vs rear end due to tube stretch, but it's def still better than nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:
Ive been doing my tubing exercises on my flat bench (used for weight training) and it looks like it would be pretty easy to duplicate the halo bench for what I need it for to work on the high elbow catch position with the swim tubes. Has anyone created a template or diy halo bench? Thanks

I haven't tried this product but it sounds promising, and at $149 not too expensive:

http://lanegainer.com/...o-a-halo-swim-bench/

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply