Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody taken a bike on JetBlue recently?
Quote | Reply
I want to bring my bike on a family trip, and unfortunately we are flying JetBlue. Their website says:

“ Bikes, surfboards, and kiteboarding and windsurfing equipment will be accepted on domestic and international flights and count as a checked bag. They're subject to a per-item fee of $100 each way, in addition to any checked bag fee associated with the fare purchased.”

That sounds like $300 to me.

I have two options:

1. Evoc Road Bike Bag Pro — this thing is awesome and has worked great as a single checked bag with Delta. It is well beyond the stated size limits for JetBlue.

2. Armored Hen House — I still have this old setup. I wonder if I can use it and deny the bicycle designation and premium (is it a bike if it is split between two bags?).

Anybody dealt with this airline that hasn’t evolved with the times, like American and Delta?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody taken a bike on JetBlue recently? [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Consider shipping it?

Tell them it's golf clubs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew JetBlue last fall with my hen house and was charged for a bike. I got chippy with them and they took both bags as one bike. As I recall it was like $25 more than two regular checked bags. Unfortunately, I think your outcome will be pretty random.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew JetBlue to Ft. Lauderdale for Challenge Miami and was charged two different prices. My bike case weighed 65 lbs (I didn't check another bag). I was charged about $180 going down to FL and only about $50-$75 coming back.

14X Ironman. Still slow but working on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an aside, I bought that same evoc bag and traveled with it for the first time last week. I absolutely loved it. Maybe 15min to pack or unpack the bike. The hardest part is sliding those flat bars in and out of the slots! You do need a very large vehicle to carry the case around though, it doesn't even fit in my 4Runner standing up.

ETA: American took that bag with zero extra charge, my ticket included checked bags. Southwest charged $75 for the trip home. If my Tri bike fits in this bag will probably replace TBT for me.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Last edited by: ericlambi: Apr 6, 21 7:16
Quote Reply