Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody here riding W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G ?
Quote | Reply
I'm saving money for a triathlon bike, but my love for classic italian bikes means that I will not go for anything with a "triathlon geometry". I have got my eyes on the Cinelli W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G , I think it looks good, but is it any good?

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Last edited by: tribent: Jun 30, 03 1:55
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here riding W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G ? [tribent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden one and I don't know anyone who has, but it looks like the Dog's Bollocks (especially the black one with white decals). I know someone with a Cinelli Starship and the craftsmanship is absolutely bloody superb. If you're going to lay out some serious cash though, why not spend a bit more and get a Colnago? That is some seriously gorgeous machinery. Great build quality and fantastic paint and probably quite a bit lighter then the WYSIWYG.

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here riding W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G ? [Noggin the Nog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dog's Bollocks? Does that means good or bad? Please explain to a norwegian with only a basic knowledge of the language, it does not sound very positive though. If so, we disagree, I think it looks very good.

I already have a Italian road bike (steel) that suit me just fine for long and relaxed rides, but now I'm looking for something for triathlon/time trial.

Colnago is fine, I agree, but with 3100-3500$ I would rather use my money on better wheels and group set than on a somewhat lighter frame.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for the non-UK- english speakers....

Dog Bollocks (or even shorter 'the dogs') is good

and for the record-

A Dogs dinner = bad or a mess :-)))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It isn't your norwegian background. I don't know what dog's bollocks means either and english is my mother tongue.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here riding W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G ? [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adam, just a guess but I think your mother tongue is American English? very different. As Winston Churchill said " the two nations divided by a common language".

Julian in England.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here riding W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G ? [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, the matter with the dog's bollocks is settled then. By the way someone is going to give me "a good price" on a Colnago Dream B Stay tomorrow, I have a feeling that "a good price is a little bit more than I can afford but you never know?

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody here riding W.Y.S.I.W.Y.G ? [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually Canadian English, we are like a patois of British and American english. It really screws up the spell check.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply