Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody Rolf?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any input into Rolfing and it's efficacy? How does it compare to other methods of treatment such as chiro, etc. Thanks.

Quote | Reply
I usually Rolf after a night of hard drinking.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Rolf? [The Square Peg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my wife has had rolfing done to her. from what she has said, it hurt quite a bit while it was happening, but it was really effective and changed her body's functioning for the better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I once had some Rolf wheels and when riding I guess I was "Rolfing"... I have no complaints!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a full course done when I was 16. It was great and helped my posture and even straightened out some mild spinal curvature I had. It's not really a form of treatment, though. It's a 10 session process where they basically break your body down then put it back together. They do wild things with your body and it does not mix well with serious training.

It is uncomfortable--- They break down your muscles connective tissue. It's like deep tissue therapeutic massage.

A few years ago I tried a Rolfer in my new home town and he was not nearly as good as the guy I saw when I was growing up. I stopped seeing him after two sessions and he did not help me at all.

With all that said, I think yoga is better than Rolfing for body alignment. In Rolfing you pay someone to do it for you. In Yoga you do it to yourself and can make smaller changes over a longer period of time.

-marc
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Rolf? [MarcK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

When I did martial arts I knew several people who had Rolfing done to them. One did 2or 3 sessions and had enough. The other 2 completed the 10 sessions and gained quite a fit of flexibility as well as the other claimed benefits. Of those two, one injured himself sparring because his range of motion increased much faster than his connective tissues could strengthen to catch up, he strained his leg kicking and was out of training for quite a while.

I had been interested in learning more because of my poor posture, but based on what I saw I'll stick to yoga/standard chiro stuff.

Steve
Quote Reply