Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any ST'rs swimming w/ MP3 player and waterproof headphones???
Quote | Reply
Anyone swim w/ an MP3 player?
I have an Otterbox coming for my Nano. I was going to combine this w/ maybe the Swimman waterproof headphones and try to use it while swimming.....
Anyone out there have experience w/ the Swimman headphones??
Thanks,
HC

---------------------------------------------------
Holden Cain, ObGyn..."People pulling people out of people"
Quote Reply
Re: Any ST'rs swimming w/ MP3 player and waterproof headphones??? [holdencain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a cover on my player and it has those waterproof headphones but basically it blows. You need to turn the volume way up loud to hear it because bubbles and such are surprisingly noisy. Then as you swim for any distance, the headphones tend to loosen a bit and you get some water in there so the sound quality is extremely low. You can hear the song about at the quality of an AM radio. It just didn't seem worth the trouble so I stopped using it.
Quote Reply
Re: Any ST'rs swimming w/ MP3 player and waterproof headphones??? [goolsbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read a great review of the Swimp3 - designed for swimming, and I believe the headphones work with bone resonance, so you can't hear anything on land, but get amazing quality underwater.

http://www.waterproofmusic.com/swimp3.html

Quote Reply
Re: Any ST'rs swimming w/ MP3 player and waterproof headphones??? [GearGrinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i bought a pair off of ebay...the things are amazing.

as you said, no sound, at least not intelligible above water, but underwater, amazing clarity.

whole team is jealous of the purchase actually...i got them for 80 bucks off retail too.

if you want me to look, i can find the store that i bought them from, he sells a new pair every week. great shipper as well...highly impressed!

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply