Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another stupid bike ?
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info about Principia frames, here is my final choice- I am either getting the Principia Tri 26 with 650c wheels and a Ultegra bulid kit or a Leader Tri bike (check out Leader at leaderbikeusa.com) with 700c wheels and a Dura Ace bulid kit and 700c wheels. Both fit well. The Leader is a great value for the group and parts it comes with but the Principia is cool and cheaper as I got a deal on the frame. Any ideas about which would be better for sprints and oly distance tris??? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Another stupid bike ? [bryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
from my experience, 650 is quicker, but 700 is better for me at 6'3, so I would say it depends on your height.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Another stupid bike ? [bryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up, Principia declared bankruptcy in Denmark earlier this month which might impact availability as well as any need for warranty service in the future!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Another stupid bike ? [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
from my experience, 650 is quicker, but 700 is better for me at 6'3, so I would say it depends on your height.
650 is not faster...not slower...just diffrent diameter...that being said - 700 is a smarter option.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Another stupid bike ? [Record10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
650 is not faster...not slower...just diffrent diameter...that being said - 700 is a smarter option.
I hate to split hairs but just to clarify, he said it was quicker. Not faster. Quicker to me means it will be quicker to accelerate, quicker to get the bike to do what you want. That sort of stuff. But I agree with the not faster comment. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Another stupid bike ? [Record10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, mainly I'm talking about "feel". Maybe it's the smaller wheels, but I thought 650 felt quicker to accelerate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply