Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Another interesting Canuk....
Quote | Reply
....this time made by Epic. Claimed as the world's lightest production road bike at only 13 lbs.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/...s/feb11/project-13-2
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why don't we all just forget about the frame and just place our hands and feet on the hubs. I would say that would be damn light. Who wants to work on that project?

Quote | Reply
I've ever seen an Epic. Noting that they're a B.C. based company. Duncan is on Vancouver Island isn't it? Do you see many Epics in BC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, 12.8lbs (5.8 kg) for a 55cm equivalent size bike as seen. Pretty nice looking too, and what's more it's got 13 in it's name!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julian,

Did you post awhile ago that you might be moving to Vancouver? If so you can test ride one. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed I did and have started immigration application process. I am very tempted for a test ride however, the $6250 US price tag however is a sticking point!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"the $6250 US price tag however is a sticking point!"

I missed that. I thought the price was CDN dollars. $6250.CDN would be about $299.US wouldn't it!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$6250 cdn is $5188 US or £2691. $6250 US is $7528 cdn or £3242 a fair difference.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too much for me. That's about what my car is worth. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How many of you would ride it over cobble-stones! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen a few, very few, here in Vancouver. One in an LBS and a couple at the races. Epic had a team riding out of the island a couple of years ago and I know one of the riders who was trying to sell his as he has changed teams this year. Not thought to ask him he views on the bike.

Quote | Reply
Hey Cerveloguy

Last year's Peterborough 1/2 winner Peter Phillips rides an Epic. His is a really nice looking setup with Campy components and an Alpha Q fork and an Ergomo power meter. Peter is racing Hawaii this year and I'm not sure if he'll be back at Peterborough but he'll probably be in Cobourg in August if you want to check out an Epic in "the flesh".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never seen one. Then again, I haven't been paying much attention to bikes. Since I am satisfied with my bike, I seem to pay little attention to what is one the road (sorry Cerveloeees)

Quote | Reply
Interseting Canuk? That's like saying everyone loves Powercranks or there is good mall punk.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [Jonathan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Interseting Canuk?"

Not talking about the people. Just the bikes. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G'day CerveloGuy,

I'm Peter that Allan mentioned and if you ever get out Cobourg way your more than welcome to take the Epic for a spin. Great bike. Handles crisp, not harsh because of the curved stays and carbon fork. It is light which made it nice for ImWis. I wish I was a better rider to take advantage of such a nice ride.

Peace

C'ya

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a frame in LaB (LBS) on Thursday. Asked the owner about them. He said they hardly sell any, maybe 1 a year, most folks who want Ti go for Litespeed (which they carry).
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IS that the store on the road parallel to West Broadway?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been working with Kurt Knock of Epic for the past 2 years. He is a solid masters roadie and a former mountain biker, who just loves bikes and riding. He is also a total weight weenie All of his frames are custom. The advantage that I find in working with such a small company is that you get to give direct imput and feedback to the head designer of the company, and he listens. He has recently become interested in aero designs and we recently designed a TT frame that I plan on racing at IMC this year. You can check it out at www.epicti.com. The bikes are "boutique" bikes as described by cyclingnews.com, with super cool, but simple designs, and every bike is top notch, with quality welds. I would highly recommend checking out the website or emailing Kurt for more info.

Adam
http://cdamaampbell.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [collisiontheory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THat's very interesting, to get some background information about the company. Unfortunately the prices discount me out of being our of their owners just now. However, the 13 is a model that I shall be keeping my eye on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that the project 13 is bit on the "posh" side ride now, but so so is owning a sub 13lbs bike. The bike is a mix of all of the lightest possible components, which significantly affects the price. We got my Falcon down to about 14lbs last year, which beleive me is plenty light enough and is much better priced at $1250 US for the custom frame.

Adam
http://cdamaampbell.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [collisiontheory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is very good! I will go look at the Falcon specs.

Thanks,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, it's on Broadway.
Quote Reply
Re: Another interesting Canuk.... [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder which one I went into!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing Il Campione (8th & Burrard)

GB

PS - anyone heard [the rumors] about the new tri shop to be opening in Vancouver this year?
Quote Reply

Prev Next