Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another critique my fit- but using race photos!
Quote | Reply
A breakthrough covid case has me sitting around and not training, so what better way to get my tri fix than to have strangers ridicule my bike position! Not the best angles, but they're actual race photos, so hopefully that give a more realistic look at fit... Also, stem has already come down over 1cm - I was being extra conservative as I was having some low back strain on longer rides. Side note, Hawaii 70.3 was amazing - swim was ideal, bike was windy as advertised and the golf course/cart path run was hot as hell, but otherwise a fun course in my opinion. Cheers!

Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my fit- but using race photos! [przeor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the proper size bike for you? You have several spacers on the fork in addition to the upward stem.

Saddle height seems okay based upon the last picture. Looks like you could go lower up front.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shouldn't you be sitting closer to the tip of the saddle, with a 90-degree elbow angle? (body moves slightly to the front, hands stay where they are). Would that not be more stable and comfortable? As to aero, even experts (which I am not) will struggle to recommend improvements which they don't know if you can physically handle (lower back mobility, etc.).

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What saddle are you using?
Quote Reply
Re: Another critique my fit- but using race photos! [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:
Is that the proper size bike for you? You have several spacers on the fork in addition to the upward stem.
Saddle height seems okay based upon the last picture. Looks like you could go lower up front.

Probably a little on the small end for me? It's come down 1.5cm since race day, so I'm getting lower and probably will creep down a little further as IM Coz approaches.

kajet wrote:
Shouldn't you be sitting closer to the tip of the saddle, with a 90-degree elbow angle? (body moves slightly to the front, hands stay where they are). Would that not be more stable and comfortable? As to aero, even experts (which I am not) will struggle to recommend improvements which they don't know if you can physically handle (lower back mobility, etc.).

Well, there's isn't much real estate further up on the saddle, but perhaps sliding the saddle placement forward would help?

jimatbeyond wrote:
What saddle are you using?

ISM PS 1.0

Quote Reply