Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another challenge for Bolt? [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't know why we have to speculate, we have mcmillans running calculator!

putting in 19 seconds for 200m gives us a 1:43 marathon
11 minute 5k

the man can clearly win every running event ever!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Another challenge for Bolt? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice.

Quote Reply
Re: Another challenge for Bolt? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw on sportscenter that Bolt wants to try the longjump...the reach of ST is much farther than we ever expected.
Quote Reply
Re: Another challenge for Bolt? [djciii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that too. I think he should try the 400, also. He would WR in that. But he says he's not interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Another challenge for Bolt? [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has run a few 400s in the past. Until right before the OG he was thought of as a 200/400 guy. He did a 100 as a training race and did so well that the 400 was taken off the table.

His coach still has designs on the 400, but he seems to know Bolts mind pretty well so he isn't pushing it, but I think he is dropping hints about Bolt setting the record in the 400 to cement his legend status.

Long jump who knows, not every fast guy is a great LJer, but he may take to it. Seeing as how most tracks at least have a LJ pit its hard to picture him not giving it a go at least once when no ones looking. If he pops a long one on a lark and thinks he can break that record then he may go for it.

At some point he wont be able to break records at will in the 100/200 and if Gay can't get over his injury problems he wont have any real competition in those events. I can't see Bolt just winning 100/200s and being satisfied with that for 8 more years without looking for something else.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Another challenge for Bolt? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet, for him to even mention trying the long jump, that he has popped off some pretty nice jumps in the past week or so...maybe not, but I bet that he has
Quote Reply

Prev Next